Before you skip this one, please take the time to read the whole thing as I can never get any kind of answer when I ask about this ongoing problem, and I am pulling my hair out over it. I could really use the help guys...

Anyway, I'm getting really sick of and confused about the history of VyMail on my Storm. I have had VyMail on and off of my phone ever since owning my Storm. Basically to keep it short, when I do have VyMail on my phone, I randomly get App Error 523 Reset screens 1-3 times a day, BUT when I don't have the app installed, I NEVER get the error.

How is this happening when I have VyMail but no one else has ever complained once about this error relating to them having VyMail?? I am 95% sure it is VyMail causing this because like I said, it only happens when I have it installed...I've done tests for days-long trying to figure it out. So this time, I haven't had VyMail for over a week or two because of the problem, but with the new update, I re-installed it yesterday. Lo-and-behold, I get App Error 523 just now.

One theory I have is that since I am at work in an office for 8 hours on weekdays, I get the error sometimes when VyMail is doing its set update (I usually set it to 1 or 2 minutes), and since I get really ****ty service (as bad as 1x or SOS at times (rare)) it gets the App Error when trying to search for voicemails to sync to my phone and it simply cannot find the service it needs to do the request. Is this a possible explanation? It definitely happens more often here at work, but even at times when I'm home with better service. The only thing is, even though at times the service at work can be terrible, most of my data and messages come through anyway, so that leads me to wonder if that is in fact not the answer.

I'll take any advice here as I have tried several threads in the past with no solution.
    How can my VyMail be doing this but I haven't heard one other occurrence of this from any other users?? (And keep in mind I am on my third Storm and all 3 had similar App Error 523 occurrences when I had VyMail, so the device is not the issue. Also, I have tested with very minimal other 3rd party apps in the past; I always get the error when VyMail is on the phone no matter what apps I have or don't have)

I am going to restart to remedy this in the meantime by turning off the auto-sync of VyMail (aka setting the sync time to 9999 for now)

EDIT:
    As I have in another thread before, here are some of the similar Event Log entries that I usually get when this error occurs (these have never explained enough to help me figure this out at all though):

a System - System Startup (at 13:19:31)
    a System - VM: 100086 gc=0 idle=0 native=net.rim.vm.Process.destroy (at 13:19:31)
    a System - System Process died (at 13:14:04)
    a System - App Error 523 (at 13:14:04)
    a System - VM:+BORK (at 13:14:04)
    a Java Exception - ForcedStackTraceException(at 13:14:04)
    a Java Exception - ForcedStackTraceException (at 13:14:04)

These entries are preceded by a few other nonsense ones as well as SEVERAL in a row that are called "a Java Exception - ForcedStackTraceException"..there are tons of them. (all within 2 seconds).

And before those ones are a few more including an entry that says "Application net_rim_services_impl(12) is not responding ; process terminated (at 13:14:01).

Any ideas??? Maybe the creator could comment??
    Last edited by guts311; 02-10-09 at 12:59 PM.
    02-10-09 12:29 PM
    PLEASE someone with knowledge help me..I have gotten an App Error 523 AGAIN since posting the first post above..even with the VyMail sync time set really high as to make it not try to sync automatically. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?

(Forgot to mention, please don't tell me to do a wipe and re-install..I have done that several times with EVERY beta OS there has ever been and the problem has never gone away..I have tried every typical fix)
    02-10-09 03:09 PM
    I actually experienced the same thing and had a feeling VyMail was causing my app errors. (I thought it was either VyMail or GMail) After updating to .99, I didn't reinstall VyMail until this new version came out just in case. So far I've been 523 free since the upgrade a few weeks back.

I had been experiencing app error 523s constantly until my .99 upgrade. What seemed to finally work was not restoring anything automatically during the upgrade process. Afterward, I manually restored only my contacts, calendar, and messages. Good luck
    02-10-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD