I have the curve on Verizon Wireless. The Voice Dialing application will not stop opening and closing. Also, while I can place and recieve calls. I cannot hear anything nor can anyone hear me.

I have taken the batter out for 30 mins and that didn't help.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful.
    03-25-09 01:00 PM
    When you took the battery out, did you turn the power off first? If yes, then you didn't do a proper reset. Take the battery out with the power on, wait at least 30 secs then reinstall the battery.

As for your VAD, do you mean it activates without actually pressing the side key? The reset should take care of that, unless the side key is stuck or defective. You can try to reprogram the side key to do something else by going to Options > Screen Keyboard, then Side Convenience keys.
    03-25-09 02:04 PM
    I just tried removing the battery with power on and that did not help. The side convenience keys are not set to activate VAD. I set them up to screen lock and show the applications list when i first got the phone. Just verified by checking the settings as you suggest above.

Strangely enough. I just realized that even though the VAD keeps activating I am not hearing the pleasant voice say, "Say a command."

Any other ideas?... as the phone continues to ask me to talk to it.
    03-25-09 03:11 PM
    What OS are you on? Options > Status, third line down.
    03-25-09 03:17 PM
    Option>Status> third line down is File Free: 35672802
    03-25-09 03:24 PM
    HeHe Xlide I think the amount of recent low memory threads is getting to ya

Koiboy - options>about is what he meant. or alt-shift-h and look for app version...
    03-25-09 03:28 PM
    im having the EXACT same issue, first happened on monday. now its random and ive got no control over it. i cant use the phone with the it popping up. app version is 4.3.0.127
    03-27-09 12:30 PM
    Have you ever considering just removing the app? (VAD)
    I realize this is not a fix but just a band-aid but it can be done if you dont use it and its bugging you... Take a look in my sig at the memory optimization - mid way down you will see how to remove VAD. You will also free up about 600k, just a thought.
    03-27-09 12:40 PM
    i deleted the files listed and i suppose i did it wrong because it keeps popping up but the files are gone..

any other ideas?
    04-01-09 12:41 AM
    i have the same issue when I use regular headphones when listening to Pandora. I have noticed that if I use the OEM headphones then this doesnt happen...only happens when using aftermarket headphones. Just an FYI as to how mine occurs on my phone
    04-01-09 08:15 AM
    i have the same issue when I use regular headphones when listening to Pandora. I have noticed that if I use the OEM headphones then this doesnt happen...only happens when using aftermarket headphones. Just an FYI as to how mine occurs on my phone
    I experience the exact issue described above; when I connect any 1/8" stereo headphone plug into my 9530, the voice dial application starts and says "say a command". Now, I've disabled the side keys & the only time i use VAD is when I'm on my bluetooth headset.

Does anyone know how to prevent the VAD from starting up every time I connect headphones to my 9530?

Exactly like above, this does not happen when I connect an 1/8" stereo jack w/ 4 connections (as seen in the provided stereo headsets), it only happens w/ Stereo jacks w/ 3 connectors.

Even more bizarre, this just started happening today after I connected the device to blackberry desktop for the first time.

Please help, thanks in advance.
    04-28-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD