Has anyone seen a voice to text app that allows one to compose SMS through voice? I have a friend whose wife is running a Droid and showed my wife this app where she could simply speak to create SMS, email, etc. I have drudged through the BlackBerry App store, and CrackBerry to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.
    06-05-10 04:12 PM
    Has anyone seen a voice to text app that allows one to compose SMS through voice? I have a friend whose wife is running a Droid and showed my wife this app where she could simply speak to create SMS, email, etc. I have drudged through the BlackBerry App store, and CrackBerry to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Vlingo works pretty well. I use it a lot, and it's free. You can get the Vlingo Plus, for $19.99 (or $3.99/month), for more features.
    06-05-10 04:51 PM
    I also recall that DragonSpeech for Blackberry is available for transcribing email or SMS. You may want to investigate that option also.
    06-05-10 08:53 PM
    The Dragon Speech only works on emails and not on sms. As far as Vlingo, I didn't think the free one did sms but I will check that out, cause I'm still looking for one also. So if anyone has any ideas, we would love to hear them.
    06-10-10 03:01 PM
    Vlingo is a really good app, but it uses internet data each time you use it.
    06-10-10 03:23 PM
    40% off for Vlingo here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/vlingo-40-off-handango-480905/

I'm not sure if it's still valid, but even at full price it's a great program. Like any voice to text app, even PC based, accuracy is never 100%.
    06-10-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD