I Have a quadriplegic uncle that uses a phone that's totally run by voice command (Sony Ericsson W580). I want to know if there is any program or application where he can activate Voice Dialing by a voice command. Since he is unable to press ANY key on the phone, he needs an app where he can enable Voice Dialing by using voice command. any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. ***It Doesn't Matter What Blackberry Model is used***
    11-21-09 07:56 PM
    vlingo for blackberry
    11-21-09 08:22 PM
    vlingo for blackberry
    Nice suggestion but I'd doubt whether it would work. First of all, you have to press a button to activate Vlingo and the OP indicated that his/her uncle is "unable to press ANY key on the phone." Again, to initiate Vlingo, you have to press a button to activate it.

Secondly, while I love and use Vlingo all the time, the voice recognition is good but not great and it's unclear whether it would be flexible enough for a quadriplegic even if you could work something out on the initiation of the button thing.

For the OP, you may want to call Vlingo and see if they have any ideas or are working on any product that might be useful for your uncle. They are based in Cambridge and their corporate number is 617.871.2987.

Good luck and kudos to you for being such a nice person to get involved in helping your uncle.
    11-21-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD