I have downloaded the app world application for my storm. when I click it, a message appears like this: upgrade your service that includes browsing and.........................contact your service provider for more details.

I have unlimited data plan. I spoke to vodafone rep this morning. he said, he has no idea about app world. he asked me to hang on & he'd google appworld. after a while, he said they have three storms with them & they'd try app world on their storm. then let me know. it's been 9 hrs but no response from them.

are you facing similar problem?
    04-01-09 12:00 PM
    Im getting the same msg. I facebooked my friend who works for Vodafone to ask if she has been getting a shizz load of calls about this.

She said its been passed to RIM because Vodafone cant fix it.
    04-01-09 12:02 PM
    Hi,

I found this on the vodafone uk forum. it appears vodafone uk are having problems with blackberry world. I'm experiencing the same thing.

"Hi everyone,

As I'm sure you're aware, today has seen the launch of RIM's amazing new App World for BlackBerry handsets!

At present, Storm users may find they're not able to use the application. Once downloaded, on running the application you may see the error message:

"Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details."

This is the kind of message you'd normally receive if you weren't subscribed to BIS or BES on your Vodafone account, but all examples so far have been when the customer actually has a subscription to either of these services.

We're investigating this issue as a matter of urgency, in an effort to find out where the problem lies. At present though there's no more information we need to investigate, so please don't post any new threads about this matter as they'll be removed.

This topic itself is closed too, but just click Options in the top right corner, then Track this topic, and you'll then get email alerts when we update this thread to say it's fixed

All the best,

Tom

eForum Team
    "
    04-01-09 12:05 PM
    This morning at 8:15 i uninstalled app world and then re-installed it and it works fine so enjoy berries.
    04-02-09 02:34 AM
    why do i not believe that last comment....
    04-02-09 03:21 AM
    This morning at 8:15 i uninstalled app world and then re-installed it and it works fine so enjoy berries.
    I have dome the same, but for me doesn't work

I can enter but I can not download :-(
    04-02-09 03:56 AM
    Out of curiosity i tried this, and............................. IT WORKS!

I'm in!

App world has received an update so it's now running @ 1.0.0.27

So try uninstalling app world and re-installing version 1.0.0.27.
    04-02-09 04:22 AM
    Can confirm a reinstall worked for me as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 04:48 AM
    I'm running 1.0.0.27 and it still doesn't work.
    04-02-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD