Running 4.2.1 on an 8800 via AT&T. Downloaded Vlingo (OTA) which installed fine. During setup, it complains that Company Network permissions are not set to ALLOW (I'm on BIS, not BES, so this shouldn't apply), do I want to skip that part and let it find another way to connect. I choose yes, but I then get an error message saying Vlingo could not load.

Tried installing 3 times (including battery pulls between installs), manually going in to change permissions to ALLOW for everything, but it still won't load.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there is solution/workaround? I found nothing about this at Vlingo's site.

Thanks.
    06-26-08 11:24 AM
    I'm having the same problem with an 8820 on BES. I contacted the vendor on their site, and have yet to receive a response.

---Michael
    06-26-08 11:59 AM
    Hmmm. Seems as if the only thing in common is we're both on AT&T. Wonder if it's a carrier issue?
    06-26-08 12:26 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my 8320 on T-mobile. I reinstalled it 3 times and set allow on everything, disabled my Firewall and still no luck.

-JC
    06-26-08 12:34 PM
    Go into Vlingo and press Menu and select options. At the bottom is connection type. If you are on BIS it should be on direct if you are on BES it should be proxied. I'm on BES and selected proxied and all works fine.
    06-26-08 12:42 PM
    My menu only has "Run Diagnostic" (sends data to Tech Support in response to a ticket), "Select", and "Close". When Vlingo starts, it goes straight to the error screen.

There is a link to "Try Again" on the screen, which goes to the permissions settings. Everything is set to ALLOW, except a few non-critical items for which DENY is the only setting.

---Michael
    06-26-08 01:08 PM
    Have you been able to get around the problem? I have been searching for the answer. I cant get into the application because it stops at the "try again"
    06-26-08 03:28 PM
    I was having the same issue with it not starting up saying that my phone permissions were not set right even though they all say "allow".
    I have it working now, what i ended up doing was retrying the app and let it take me to the permission screen again. I then went through and reselected all the permissions to say allow and then saved them, once i did that it took me to the T & C screen, and then the short tutorial/setup screens and bom works like a charm.
    Hope this helps. It doesnt have to do with your carrier.
    06-26-08 06:53 PM
    Well, unfortunately that didn't work. It's still getting hung up with the Company Network permissions and trying to connect with no BES present.

Guess I don't need this app as much as I thought.
    06-26-08 07:30 PM
    I was having the same issue with it not starting up saying that my phone permissions were not set right even though they all say "allow".
    I have it working now, what i ended up doing was retrying the app and let it take me to the permission screen again. I then went through and reselected all the permissions to say allow and then saved them, once i did that it took me to the T & C screen, and then the short tutorial/setup screens and bom works like a charm.
    Hope this helps. It doesnt have to do with your carrier.
    I double checked the settings and even reinstalled, same problem. The 8330 doesnt have a wifi option in the settings, because "no WiFi". Any other ideas?
    06-26-08 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD