Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Vlingo Not Working Correctly On BB Bold 9900

Vlingo isn't working correctly on my BB Bold 9900. I have it set to open with the convenient key. And when I press the convenient key, it doesn't prompt me to speak like its supposed to. It just brings up the screen that says: "What Can I Say?" "Tell a Friend" "SafeReader". Does anyone know what the cause of this is?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

You are supposed to set the convenience key to "NONE". Then Vlingo will grab the key itself for the expected behavior.
    Thanked by:
    shoeluvr (03-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks! I had a COMPLETELY dumb moment.. I had it previously on my Curve and it worked fine.. It always turns out to be something simple.. Thanks again tho.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Good thing I found this, it was driving me nuts and I was about to delete the app. Love this forum!!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Vlingo Not Working Correctly On BB Bold 9900

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Are the Vlingo servers unavailable right now?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 007bbuser View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Are the Vlingo servers unavailable right now?
    Has anyone else noticed that Vlingo just doesn't cooperate anymore since the upgrade to 7.1? 90% of the time it hangs on "Listening"..
    CrackBerry User

I have a different problem. Vlingo Everywhere (part of Vlingo Plus) doesn't work in the Facebook app (specifically Facebook chat).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Vlingo Not Working Correctly On BB Bold 9900

Quote Originally Posted by Itstakenovermylife View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Vlingo just doesn't cooperate anymore since the upgrade to 7.1? 90% of the time it hangs on "Listening"..
    yep!!!!!!! it doesnt work on my 9810. i have tried and didnt work, uninstalled then a few months later,,, try again thinking something would have been changed. And nope it doesnt work on my phone. wish it did though.
    Thanked by:
    Itstakenovermylife (11-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

Hey all I just wanted to update everyone that I heard back from Vlingo Support, and they confirmed that the app does NOT cooperate with 7.1. Here's the official response:

"I believe you are having a problem because Vlingo does not currently support OS 7.1. We try to bring support to new OS's shortly after they are released from RIM and are doing our best to bring support to OS 7.1 as soon as possible."

Let's hope the roll out an update soon...
    Thanked by:
    BBMINI (12-02-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

For what it's worth - I have been using Vlingo on several 7.1 iterations (str8 and hybrids) and have had no problems of any kind.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Z10 - 10.3.0.1154 - work and personal
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itstakenovermylife View Post
    Hey all I just wanted to update everyone that I heard back from Vlingo Support, and they confirmed that the app does NOT cooperate with 7.1. Here's the official response:

"I believe you are having a problem because Vlingo does not currently support OS 7.1. We try to bring support to new OS's shortly after they are released from RIM and are doing our best to bring support to OS 7.1 as soon as possible."

Let's hope the roll out an update soon...
    That's too bad since I used it pretty regularly, but thanks for confirming. I just recently switched to a 9850 with 7.1 and hadn't gotten Vlingo to work yet, so wondered if it was the OS or something somehow related to a touchscreen BB. Now I know.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBMINI View Post
    That's too bad since I used it pretty regularly, but thanks for confirming. I just recently switched to a 9850 with 7.1 and hadn't gotten Vlingo to work yet, so wondered if it was the OS or something somehow related to a touchscreen BB. Now I know.
    I use Vlingo with 7.1.0.755 (Verizon) on a 9850 and it works just fine. 7.1 has been out for at least 6 months.
    Thanked by:
    BBMINI (12-03-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Good to know. I was blaming it on the fact I am frequently in a low signal area, but it has been way worse. I wonder if they are no longer bothering? Do you think we will even be using it once BB10 hits?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
    I use Vlingo with 7.1.0.755 (Verizon) on a 9850 and it works just fine. 7.1 has been out for at least 6 months.
    Thanks. Seeing this made me delete and reinstall the app, and so far it seems to be working.

Weird that Vlingo support would have recently told Itstakenovermylife that 7.1 wasn't supported.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Anyone seeing a message saying Vlingo servers are temporarily unavailable? I wiped and reinstalled the OS on my phone and now I can't set it up.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by svelt View Post
    Anyone seeing a message saying Vlingo servers are temporarily unavailable? I wiped and reinstalled the OS on my phone and now I can't set it up.
    Same thing happened to me - wipe and new OS and I am getting the same message - I am on a 9810 running a .794 sfi based hybrid - hopefully this is a temporary situation and Vlingo's servers are just out of commission for a short while . . . .
    Z10 - 10.3.0.1154 - work and personal
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same here, tried another BB.. Guess there servers are down.. seams like a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Henry View Post
    Same thing happened to me - wipe and new OS and I am getting the same message - I am on a 9810 running a .794 sfi based hybrid - hopefully this is a temporary situation and Vlingo's servers are just out of commission for a short while . . . .
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Vlingo works fine today on my 9850 on OS 7.1.0.755 on Verizon
    Thanked by:
    Don_Henry (12-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same on my Bold 9900 last two days servers are temp down
    Thanked by:
    Don_Henry (12-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Working now
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for the tip - it worked! The actual selection I had available to me on my 9900 was "do nothing"....thanks again for your help!
    Your mind is like a parachute....it won't work unless it's open.