I installed the free "thank you" version of Vlingo. Per instructions I set the convenience key to "nothing". When I open the app I get a help screen, which I've read about 1000 times. Yet I cannot for the life of me figure out how to issue a command. One site says hold the side key and speak. Done that, nothing happens. I'm on the home screen as the instructions say. I've checked the options, nothing looks wrong...

But I have to be doing SOMETHING wrong...what am I missing?
    11-15-11 01:34 PM
    Did it ask you to test the convenience key when you set it up? During the set-up process it asked me to do it.
    I hate to say this but maybe re-install it.

The first time I set mine up I set the con key to Vlingo so I had to do it again. The app asks you to set-it up and confirms it is set-up properly.

Good luck.
    11-15-11 01:44 PM
    Assign at least one convenience key to the setting "Do Nothing".

Go through the Vlingo setup wizard and it will test that. It'll not allow you to proceed if the key is not detected as set correctly.

Issue commands from the "Home" screen, by holding in that convenience key when you speak.

That's all there is to it. On the home screen when you press the correct convenience key, if it does not say "Listening", then there is something wrong with the app or the convenience key set up. Though if the wizard tested it and confirmed then I do not understand how it cannot be working.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD