Does anyone know if there are any plans for Vlingo to add support for Blackberry Messenger?
    12-02-08 12:05 AM
    I haven't heard or read anything as of yet..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 03:43 PM
    bump...

interested in this
    03-19-09 09:36 PM
    Agreed. I want this option too
    04-05-09 08:19 PM
    Ditto. I'm down with BBM support. It's hard typing a convo in BBM while driving... :S

04-05-09 08:54 PM
    As much as I'd like to see this too, I seriously doubt it will come. RIM doesn't allow any 3rd party apps to mess with BBM. You can't even change the LED color...

04-06-09 01:46 AM
    good point, RIM really should lighten up

As much as I'd like to see this too, I seriously doubt it will come. RIM doesn't allow any 3rd party apps to mess with BBM. You can't even change the LED color...

04-06-09 10:50 AM
    good point, RIM really should lighten up
    I have to disagree. One thing I value about my BB is the secure communication it provides.
    04-06-09 07:12 PM
    Does anyone know if there are any plans for Vlingo to add support for Blackberry Messenger?
    Just thought I would bump this thread to see if anyone has any further news about this. I would consider purchasing vlingo, but only if it had BBM support as I use BBM a lot.

Thanks
    10-26-09 02:30 PM
    I know this is sort of digging up an old thread, but seeing as how the new 4.0 now supports text into BBM, I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to use that feature yet? I seem to be having a problem with it. I can get Vlingo to open the app, but getting it to paste text into a conversation seems to be a problem for me. I'm a complete newbie to Vlingo so any pointers are appreciated.
    12-12-09 06:14 AM
    i've been using Vlingo 4.0 Plus Everywhere with BlackBerry Messenger. You already know to say "open BlackBerry Messenger. "

Go into your Vlingo Options:
    Vlingo Everywhere Behavior
    Paste Immediately
    Save

With your Vlingo option set to that, your spoken text will paste right into any text field.

In BBM you have to open a contact and with the cursor in the BBM convo text field, press and hold the Vlingo button and talk.

Pretty handy!

Vlingo

With Vlingo you can instantly send a text message, call a friend, search the web using Google or Yahoo!, update your Facebook or Twitter status and more by just speaking. Vlingo is the fastest way to get things done on your BlackBerry.
    12-12-09 06:20 AM
    Interestingly enough, I don't seem to have an option within my options menu that says "Vlingo Everywhere Behavior"...However, I know I have the 4.0 Plus seeing as how I just paid for it....
    12-12-09 06:24 AM
    When you go into your Vlingo menu, do you have an option to upgrade to Vlingo Everywhere? That's the new feature that allows you to use Vlingo with BBM.

There's an upgrade fee for it.

12-12-09 06:27 AM
    I literally bought the app about 20 min ago. I had a free version on my phone that I put on it about a week ago, but I was under the impression that 4.0 Plus came with Everywhere?
    12-12-09 06:28 AM
    Everywhere is a feature you can get with 4.0. If you don't have it, there should be a link in your Vlingo menu.

Otherwise, contact their customer support for help.

12-12-09 06:32 AM
    Yeah I'm emailing them now actually. Essentially what I did was download the free version to make sure I liked the app first. Then I paid for it directly through a link in the actual app on my phone, so I didn't do any updates, which makes me think that I'm missing out on some of the things I should have received in terms of updates to it. And, on the confirmation email I received with the payment, it says for OS 4.3 and 4.5, but I just double checked, and my phone is on OS 4.6 (would this make any difference?)
    12-12-09 06:36 AM
    i'm not quite sure about that. i'm a brand new Vlingo user myself. Let me know what happens though.

Vlingo Everywhere is a great feature!

12-12-09 06:43 AM
    i've been using Vlingo 4.0 Plus Everywhere with BlackBerry Messenger. You already know to say "open BlackBerry Messenger. "

Go into your Vlingo Options:
    Vlingo Everywhere Behavior
    Paste Immediately
    Save

With your Vlingo option set to that, your spoken text will paste right into any text field.

In BBM you have to open a contact and with the cursor in the BBM convo text field, press and hold the Vlingo button and talk.

Pretty handy!

Vlingo

With Vlingo you can instantly send a text message, call a friend, search the web using Google or Yahoo!, update your Facebook or Twitter status and more by just speaking. Vlingo is the fastest way to get things done on your BlackBerry.
    I don't have an option for vlingo everywhere behavior either and I definitely have the update. I just used vlingo for a bbm and I have to paste manually. the option doesn't seem to exist. Maybe I'll try an uninstall/reinstall and see if that helps.

****disregard, I found the option
    Last edited by bkrickles; 12-12-09 at 07:21 AM. Reason: disregard I found the option
    12-12-09 07:05 AM

you can change the LED colour with BerryBuzz.
    12-12-09 07:28 AM
    Every once-in-a-while, while using Vlingo Everywhere to dictate into BBM, the text doesn't show up in the edit box. I found that if I choose paste from the menu, the text is there and gets added successfully. Don't know if the is a BBM or Vlingo thing, but if the text doesn't show up automatically, there is a workaround.

12-12-09 08:02 AM
    I know this is sort of digging up an old thread, but seeing as how the new 4.0 now supports text into BBM, I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to use that feature yet? I seem to be having a problem with it. I can get Vlingo to open the app, but getting it to paste text into a conversation seems to be a problem for me. I'm a complete newbie to Vlingo so any pointers are appreciated.
    I can't get Vlingo to open the app either but once I'm in there, it works perfectly. I just say what i want and then click paste and then send... no problems for me!
    12-12-09 09:43 AM
    i wonder if Vlingo could make a GPS option, so that the app turns on automatically when driving like Drive Safe.ly. Is that possible?

Even with having to hold the button, it's much faster and safer than texting while driving or biking.

12-12-09 01:28 PM
    Well I figured out the issue. The reason I'm not able to find the option you mentioned, or even have voice capability in BBM is because I don't actually have 4.0 Plus. Even though I purchased 4.0 plus and have the confirmation email that states I did, the app shows that I have version 3.2. I'm mildly irritated that they didn't provide the application I paid for and hopefully they'll resolve it in a timely fashion.

However, that is a thought for anyone else that may have done the upgrade directly from their phone. If you're having certain issues, check out which version of Vlingo you have first.

It seems like one of those stupidly simple things to check, but I wouldn't have thought to check there first because I assumed they provided me with the product I actually paid for, *the first time*....obviously that wasn't the case....
    12-13-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD