I did a search for Vlingo in App world and it already shows it as free. Is this like Drviesafe.ly, has a free version and a paid version (drivesafe.ly pro)?
    10-20-11 03:15 PM
    Yes, same type of versions.
    10-20-11 03:47 PM
    I did a search for Vlingo in App world and it already shows it as free. Is this like Drviesafe.ly, has a free version and a paid version (drivesafe.ly pro)?
    I believe when it was announced yesterday on the front page of CB that Vlingo PLUS was the first free app it was not sure though if these free apps were goingto be upgradeable or not or just the one version RIm is giving you and that is it at least w/o havingto pay to upgrade?
    10-20-11 07:19 PM
    vlingo is not available for a 9105
    miss it from my iphone
    10-20-11 07:20 PM
    I believe when it was announced yesterday on the front page of CB that Vlingo PLUS was the first free app it was not sure though if these free apps were goingto be upgradeable or not or just the one version RIm is giving you and that is it at least w/o havingto pay to upgrade?
    I should hope that upgrades are included. Otherwise the apps would get buggy/slow and we would have no support for fixes/compatibility over time.
    10-21-11 05:22 AM
    Vlingo comes in 2 parts. It is similar to Drive Safely but not quite.

The free version lets you update your twitter and facebook (showing updated with vlingo), search on the internet, it lets you open apps, call contacts, read e-mails and such but won't let you reply to any e-mails or even write outside of the VLINGO app.

If you want to open BBM (it will do it) reply to a message on BBM/E-mail or Text, you need the pro version.

BUT if your contact has VLINGO you can text him.

That's the difference between PRO and Free version.

drive safely reads e-mail and text, you can reply and that's it. It doesn't let you control or launch applications while VLINGO does. Correct me If i'm wrong but I believe it records your message and send it? (or am i mistaking with textpro?)
    Last edited by misskalunji; 10-21-11 at 09:25 AM.
    10-21-11 09:22 AM
    I should hope that upgrades are included. Otherwise the apps would get buggy/slow and we would have no support for fixes/compatibility over time.
    Vlingo is not upgradable.

you can eitther pay 19.99 (or free from RIM) but future upgrades with new features aren't included. Or you can choose to pay 3.99$/monthly and get access to new features in the future. (per what the website says)
    10-21-11 09:24 AM
    Yea forget about free version. The paid version is coming for free soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    misskalunji likes this.
    10-21-11 09:24 AM
    Vlingo is not upgradable.

you can eitther pay 19.99 (or free from RIM) but future upgrades with new features aren't included. Or you can choose to pay 3.99$/monthly and get access to new features in the future. (per what the website says)
    I meant all the apps RIM are offering as part of the gift.
    10-21-11 09:27 AM
    I meant all the apps RIM are offering as part of the gift.
    Ah, My bad. Thought you were referring to Vlingo.
    10-21-11 09:29 AM
    Did you guys in America actually get the Plus version for free?

So far in Asia we've only received our two gifts, which is some bubble game and Drivesafely....

I was under the impression that RIM was gifting more than this?
    10-23-11 11:59 PM
    I was under the impression that RIM was gifting more than this?
    Give it time, they will release slowly.
    10-24-11 09:59 AM
    Vlingo appeared as a free gift on my end. However after downloading it. Its not the PLUS version as promised. Its just the free basic useless version from Vlingo.

Uninstalling now.
    Way to go RIM...
    10-24-11 12:46 PM
    Vlingo appeared as a free gift on my end. However after downloading it. Its not the PLUS version as promised. Its just the free basic useless version from Vlingo.

Uninstalling now.
    Way to go RIM...
    What you downloaded wasn't the "appreciation free gift from RIM" but the free version of the product.

RIM hasn't released anymore than 2 free apps since Thursday I believe.
    10-24-11 01:01 PM
    What you downloaded wasn't the "appreciation free gift from RIM" but the free version of the product.

RIM hasn't released anymore than 2 free apps since Thursday I believe.
    You see thats the glitch. Because on my end. The Thank You category says "2 free gifts." However, it shows that I have 3 apps. Searching for it through app world through my phone also shows it as a free complimentary gift from Blackberry.
    Further delving deeper on the web version of app world this also comes up when searching for Vlingo.

(See attachment as well)
    Search Results for "vlingo" - BlackBerry App World
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-24-11 01:10 PM
    I started checking App World EVERY day. But now that no more free apps released why bother ? Would have been GREAT opportunity for RIM to build some action based around app world. I know too many people who are just giving up on BB and using this as another excuse.

RIM you couldda turned this outage into a positive but even screwed this up .....

10-24-11 02:17 PM
    You see thats the glitch. Because on my end. The Thank You category says "2 free gifts." However, it shows that I have 3 apps. Searching for it through app world through my phone also shows it as a free complimentary gift from Blackberry.
    Further delving deeper on the web version of app world this also comes up when searching for Vlingo.

(See attachment as well)
    Search Results for "vlingo" - BlackBerry App World
    There has to be some kind of glitch...
    In the front page "gift" tab, I only have the same two listed. Drivesafely and Bubble Bash.
    If I go into categories->free apps I also see the regular Vlingo version listed as a complimentary app along with the other two. Not Vlingo Plus.
    10-24-11 03:40 PM
    I just received this announcement from BBRocks in my Google feed.
    Maybe they are slowly rolling these out today as well. Who knows?
    They are not showing for me as of yet though...
    Free �Thank You Gift� Games From RIM: N.O.V.A. & Texas Hold�em Poker 2 � Compliments Of BlackBerry | BlackBerryRocks.com
    10-24-11 03:42 PM
    Here's a screenshot of their glitch:
    pic.twitter.com/ZcZ5cnDV
    10-25-11 08:17 AM
    The Vlingo review page is getting blasted by pissed off customers.
    10-25-11 12:06 PM
    I'm confused, so is the Plus version supposed to be thr free gift or is the free version supposed to be free. If its the free version then RIM you've failed because its completely useless and does nothing...I mean litterally..

10-25-11 03:14 PM
    the only free app i would use is vlingo plus, i dont need or care for any of the others, why didnt RIM just give us the choice of free apps upto the ammount the specified, let the customer choose what they want instead of being told, im gonna download 1 free app worth �19.99, so is that all my outage is worth, where as someone may use them all and download �99.99, are they more valued than me? how did they decide on these apps?
    10-26-11 08:10 AM
    the only free app i would use is vlingo plus, i dont need or care for any of the others, why didnt RIM just give us the choice of free apps upto the ammount the specified, let the customer choose what they want instead of being told, im gonna download 1 free app worth �19.99, so is that all my outage is worth, where as someone may use them all and download �99.99, are they more valued than me? how did they decide on these apps?
    This service outage and now the apps debacle has just added fuel to the fire (now a large bonfire). My internet browsing speeds have also since plummeted. I think I've had it with RIM and their days are numbered - I just can't see them surviving in the mainstream market (they'll triumph in the corporate world -but just not with mainstream consumers). I have a few friends and colleagues who are newcomers to the blackberry world who share the same regret about getting their phones. I had hopes of upgrading to the 9790 or even the 9900. Sadly I will be switching to an Android instead by this Christmas. Its just not worth the hassle in dealing with the intermittent service outages, lack of reimbursments, poor apps selection, expensive app prices, shody phone build (the silver trim that sits in between the keys on the 9700 has cracked on my phone and a few other colleagues' phones (this is with a hard shelll case that was purchased from a Rogers store on the day it was activated), and slow slow slow internet speeds.

10-27-11 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD