I tried this application some time ago. Around v.2 and liked some features but was not impresed. Now thet RIM opened up some APIs and seeing what Google had done with their voice application, especially for Android phones, I was excited to see what VLingo's latest had in store for me.

Wow. Nice concept, and the free Vlingo is likely worth it for people who drive many hours a day.

Now I don't intend to sound mean or harsh, but the Plus functionality is grossly limited for $20. This does not work with 80+ percent of basic phone options. It won't open setup or any of the set up functions (set up wifi, set up networks, etc..), it won't open video camera, music player, videos, voice notes recorder, voice notes, it won't open any BB add ons except Facebook and Messenger (Ie. it won't open AOL Instant Messenger or any other BB developed add-on messaging client), it will not open any of my third party applications (Berry weather, Tether, Documents to Go, MLB At-Bat, Tetris, etc...).
    And it will not even work with native BB applications like the media player to play music or watch a video? Not sure whether RIM has just made it impossible for you to fully develop this application or if this is just another overpriced, undeveloped application.
    08-13-10 02:14 PM
    that crazy app kept crashing on my S2. I had to delete it. shame, since if it worked, it was really nice.
    08-13-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD