I bought this the other day, and am very disappointed with it. I was looking forward to dictating texts etc, but it almost unusable with server timeout and network errors.

I'm not sure if it is because t-mobile uk is a poor network or it is something else, i briefly thought it might be the network.

on 3G it seems intermittently ok. on GPRS it won't work.

emailed their support and got a standard fob off response.
    05-23-09 12:20 PM
    I must say I'm a little disappointed as well. I get the same messages, and found that it doesn't open Opera Mini for me. When I wrote, they finally wrote back, and said they hoped to have it fixed in the next update. I've gotta say, for $18, they really should have these bugs fixed. I wonder how long they had v.3 in beta?
    05-23-09 04:38 PM
    I tried using it twice and both times it just wasn't a pleasant experience for me, along with giving me a couple of errors. But I never paid for it. Isn't it a free app? Or is 3 a new paid for version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 06:13 PM
    I have the files for the FREE 2.0 version if anyone would like them. Email me at melissadplumlee at gmail

05-23-09 11:47 PM
    you are wasting your money if you paid for it,the free version isn't any better. It will never fully recog. your dictation
    05-24-09 04:55 AM
    I have the files for the FREE 2.0 version if anyone would like them. Email me at melissadplumlee at gmail

Will the 2.1 version work with 8320 or just 2.01?
    05-24-09 10:41 AM
    This app sucks. It doesn't even come close to getting your dictation right, I hope people who see this avoid paying for it. And **** its expensive!
    05-24-09 01:41 PM
    That is not true, this app works great for me. I love it.
    05-31-09 10:32 PM
    My experience has been amazing with Vlingo 2.0. When 3.0 went up I was disappointed i wouldn't be able to text for free, but the added bluetooth support was enough for me to upgrade and use the free version.

The app works great for me! It learns, so of course its not gonna get it right all the time at first, thats why you make corrections and it learns. As of now, it dictates all of my notes and dials numbers with about 90% accuracy.
    06-01-09 03:42 AM
    Meh....sometimes it works ok but alot of times it is way off.

Most definitely not worth $18.00...if it worked well MAYBE 10 bucks.
    06-01-09 07:05 AM
    I have v3 paid and I don't have any issues with it at all. Its like any other voice recognition software in that you have to train it and with it. Being court reporter trained, I've used a lot of voice dictation softwares, on the personal use side, this one ranks up there near the top. But almost every one you use is going to require a training/learning period. You have to remember that you're asking software to do what humans do it less than a blink of an eye without errors or at least they claim.

Give the software a chance to work and I'm sure you'll see that it can be worth the investment given due time.

06-02-09 11:44 AM
    Any other options? I was justb cheap and didn't want to fork out the cash...sounds like that was a smart move!

06-02-09 06:09 PM
    I have the free version if you wanted to try it

06-02-09 06:13 PM
    I have the free version but want to be able to send SMS to two friends who don't have smartphones.

06-02-09 06:16 PM
    Yeah I know. I mean I have the 2.0 files. The vlingo that was free. It does all the same things as the paid version. They say the only diff is that it can recognize better. Email me iof you want them. I have a very long thread posted in the bb apps if you want the ota version

06-02-09 06:19 PM
    I'll search for your thread! Thanks!

06-02-09 06:35 PM
    I've had this installed and been using it since Saturday and haven't had an issue yet.
    06-02-09 06:54 PM
    Sorry. I wldve posted it but its hard to search the threads on your cell

06-02-09 08:01 PM
    S'ok! Searched vlingo in BB apps and it came up and I was on my BB at the time! Got it dled.

06-02-09 09:11 PM
    There was a simliar thread here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/voice-text-235577/

I won't retype everything I wrote there, but just say that I have the program, it works as advertised when used as directed, kinda like cough syrup.
    06-03-09 06:37 PM
    I bought this the other day, and am very disappointed with it.
    No product is for everyone. But as for me, I downloaded Vlingo and sat playing with it for over an hour in amazement. I immediately upgraded from the free to the full paid version. What an amazing piece of software.

The Vlingo staff should get the "App of the Year" award for this product.

Is it 100% accurate 100% of the time? LOL.

Well if the manner in which some people in these forums speak and write is any indication, how could a piece of software dicpher what they mean when often it isn't clear to the rest of us humans what some people are trying to communicate?

You know ... people who write "sentences" like this:

well i got me my blackbery and i gots probelms with it because it don't work rite and now i pissed cause it need to work the way i want it to work like my friend steve who has one and his work ok all the time cause it is good and i pissed cause mine don't work so good.

Humans can barely translate that nonsense. How could a piece of software. LOL.

No voice recognition software is going to get it right 100% of the time but Vlingo is pretty darn accurate. And quess what? The more you use it and it learns you and you learn it, it is amazing how accurate it becomes.

My vote on Vlingo is two thumbs straight up. An amazingly fine product.
    06-08-09 01:19 AM
    I thought it was worth it. You have to put some effort into it to make it work for you but it's not that tough and damn, talk about a life saver when you're driving. I've looked for apps like this and there isn't one that does all this. I thought the upgrade was a teensy bit pricey but still.........worth it.

I can't stress enough that you should really play with it.........it doesn't take all that long for it to get your words down correctly.

Almost everything is voice activated. Most you really have to do is press the convenience key and voila. Love it

To me, this is a must have app however, YMMV
    06-11-09 03:00 PM
    Anyone need the free version 2.0 that does all the same things as the 3. Version just looks different.

[email protected]

06-11-09 03:34 PM
    I bought the full version last night, and so far, I'm LOVING it. There have been a couple errors in translation, but fixing those are much easier and more safe than texting while driving. I'm very happy with it.
    06-13-09 05:18 PM
    Most of you all are in the under 65 crowd and in WAY too much of a hurry. Dis new version is an improvement . I make like 95% of my calls using it. More improvements will follow. This is the future. Learn it. Love it.

I really cannot believe people, owning a BB and paying through the nose for such, would even hesitate to fork out $20 for this wonderful new product.

Doctor Neutron
    06-13-09 11:03 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD