I need it. I want it. I would probably pay for it. Why doesn't it exist for 9930 folks. Why can't an app work for this. I see in app world there is one that has great reviews, but the last 20 or so reviews are how the update ruined the app and it doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure for that app specifically if its like apple's VVM or if it just showed in script the # and what was said on the voicemail

Is there something I am missing? Is there something out there?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 08:47 PM
    I just subscribe to my carriers (Verizon)visual voice mail, about three bucks a month. Check your carrier maybe?

01-06-12 09:08 PM
    It's free with ATT... or at least it is for me...
    01-06-12 09:24 PM
    OP is referring to Youmail. I have an older copy. I switched back to the old version once they started putting ads everywhere. From the reviews, I guess it just got even worse from there.

But I love Youmail because you can set up individual greetings for each caller. Or you can use a default greeting which says the caller's name. That always seems to impress people.

Sorry for no OTA link. The rar contains a jad file. Just save it to your Berry and open it. Hope that helps.
    Minarets likes this.
    01-07-12 12:40 AM
    Thanks for that. I will try it out.
    01-07-12 04:33 PM
    You may also want to check out google voice. It will even attempt to transcribe the message into text, and does a pretty decent job of it.
    01-08-12 02:16 AM
    OP is referring to Youmail. I have an older copy. I switched back to the old version once they started putting ads everywhere. From the reviews, I guess it just got even worse from there.

But I love Youmail because you can set up individual greetings for each caller. Or you can use a default greeting which says the caller's name. That always seems to impress people.

Sorry for no OTA link. The rar contains a jad file. Just save it to your Berry and open it. Hope that helps.
    Hmm, I couldn't get it to work, but thanks. Saved it to the phone and when I try and open, it says there is an error
    01-08-12 12:09 PM
    Here, use this one. The cod file has to be in the same folder as the jad. I forgot to add the cod that's why it didn't work. The jad should work now but even if it doesn't you can install the cod using BBSAK. That's the exact cod I used so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Minarets likes this.
    01-08-12 05:31 PM
    Google voice is a nice app but it drains my battery at a ridiculous rate. Plus you have to use a different phone number which can be cool but then you have to give everyone your new number. Might not be a problem for some but I've had the same number since my first cell phone.
    01-08-12 05:32 PM
    Google voice is a nice app but it drains my battery at a ridiculous rate. Plus you have to use a different phone number which can be cool but then you have to give everyone your new number. Might not be a problem for some but I've had the same number since my first cell phone.
    You don't need a new number (you just have to set up call forwarding to send missed calls to google's voice mail system). Out going calls are still made with the BB dialer and your network number. You can also change the polling interval (default is every 20 minutes, changing to once an hour will save you a bunch of battery).
    01-08-12 06:44 PM
    Here, use this one. The cod file has to be in the same folder as the jad. I forgot to add the cod that's why it didn't work. The jad should work now but even if it doesn't you can install the cod using BBSAK. That's the exact cod I used so it shouldn't be a problem.

"Unsupported media type" when I try to open? Any suggestion?

01-08-12 11:55 PM
    "Unsupported media type" when I try to open? Any suggestion?

Download WinRar it is a free app for unzipping .rar files.Then you should be ok.
    01-09-12 05:40 AM
    Sorry I don't know how to make a simple ota. I have the cod file and can make a jad and crackberry won't let me attach those types of files.
    01-09-12 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD