So i just upgraded my OS to 4.6.0.297 and i discovered a new icon for visual voice mail only to get a provisioning is unsuccessful to resolve this issue, contact your wireless service provider.

I really dont want to go talk with the people at att and hoped that you all may know what it going on. I am on the ATT/ Cingular network and dont know if maybe I have to do something to set this up or if i need to reload the new OS or what. any help would be helpful

I hope this will work because I honestly hate I mean really hate listening to voice mails most people that I am close to know not to leave a message but for work people leave me VM
    09-24-09 02:51 PM
    I don't know if ATT is the same, but VZW charges for VVM (like $3/month). That might have something to do with it?
    09-24-09 03:17 PM
    So i just upgraded my OS to 4.6.0.297 and i discovered a new icon for visual voice mail only to get a provisioning is unsuccessful to resolve this issue, contact your wireless service provider.

I really dont want to go talk with the people at att and hoped that you all may know what it going on. I am on the ATT/ Cingular network and dont know if maybe I have to do something to set this up or if i need to reload the new OS or what. any help would be helpful

I hope this will work because I honestly hate I mean really hate listening to voice mails most people that I am close to know not to leave a message but for work people leave me VM

from what i heard.. there is a way to do it if you login to your online account via att.com but i was not able to find it. i had to call AT&T and they did it over the phone you dont have to physically go over to an AT&T store to get it done. it takes like 2 minutes. and no At&T is not like verizon. visual voicemail is included in the blackberry plan so no additional fees will be added if you have the data package. hope that helps
    09-24-09 03:44 PM
    from what i heard.. there is a way to do it if you login to your online account via att.com but i was not able to find it. i had to call AT&T and they did it over the phone you dont have to physically go over to an AT&T store to get it done. it takes like 2 minutes. and no At&T is not like verizon. visual voicemail is included in the blackberry plan so no additional fees will be added if you have the data package. hope that helps
    Thanks. When I saw the word "provisioned" I thought that there might be a charge for it. Good to heat it's easy to set up and even better to hear it's included.
    09-24-09 03:52 PM
    Thanks. When I saw the word "provisioned" I thought that there might be a charge for it. Good to heat it's easy to set up and even better to hear it's included.

For ATT it is FREE.......................................
    09-24-09 05:21 PM
    No problem... yeah no charges. you just have to call and "activate" it. Thats all the "provision" is asking you to do.. just sounds more complicated than it really is lol
    09-25-09 09:01 AM
    For ATT it is FREE.......................................
    Score 1 for ATT then! (Not that $3/month is that much. Just being able to skip my mom's messages makes it worth it! )

No problem... yeah no charges. you just have to call and "activate" it. Thats all the "provision" is asking you to do.. just sounds more complicated than it really is lol
    "Provisioning" does make it sound all fancy...especially when it's just code for "ATT rep clicks yes"
    09-25-09 01:10 PM
    hey i just figured it out right now! so you have to log into your account on att.com. once your in, select the phone line with the blackberry. on the left hand column there should be an option MANAGE FEATURES. there will be a long lost of features you currently have, as well as if you want to change or update ones. at the very bottom should be the voice mail options. choose the visual voice mail. it should say $0.00. so select it and SUBMIT at the bottom. BUT ONE THING I FOUND OUT IS THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN. otherwise you can ignore everything i just wrote. haha
    good luck
    10-01-09 10:52 PM
    I wouldn't do a happy dance about getting vvm just yet. AT&T has been having issues with this lately and some of us are NOT getting any notifications of any Voice mail at all I called AT&T yesterday and they are aware of the problem...I don't know what they are doing to fix it.
    10-02-09 07:26 AM
    All you have to do is log into your account through ATT and then search Visual Voicemail, then set it up and it will work. Good luck
    10-02-09 07:53 AM
    I had some issues with VVM as well. I was told by ATT that they knew of the issues and would email me in a few days when they were resolved. That was a few weeks ago.
    10-02-09 08:44 AM
    There was a time several weeks ago I would not get a VVM notification for several minutes when a message was left. It has improved for me and I will get the message in less than a minute.
    10-02-09 09:34 AM
    I recently upgraded from a Curve 8310 to a used Bold, running ATT's current release OS. (297) I got the same "provisional" message when trying VVM. I tried to add the service on the ATT site but kept getting errors about the phone not being compatible, even though the site was showing me as now having a Bold. I called ATT (2 days ago) and they found that all of their difference systems were not communicating with each other. One of the systems still had the IMEI number for my Curve. When they changed that, the VVM began working and is still working fine now.
    10-02-09 01:27 PM
    I recently upgraded from a Curve 8310 to a used Bold, running ATT's current release OS. (297) I got the same "provisional" message when trying VVM. I tried to add the service on the ATT site but kept getting errors about the phone not being compatible, even though the site was showing me as now having a Bold. I called ATT (2 days ago) and they found that all of their difference systems were not communicating with each other. One of the systems still had the IMEI number for my Curve. When they changed that, the VVM began working and is still working fine now.
    Same issue here. I need to call them because it wouldn't work through the interface. I have to call them anyway for a billing issue. Again. Third consecutive month.
    10-03-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD