everything in viigo takes really long to load for me is this normal?

is it because i dont have it running in background on close?
    03-12-09 08:41 PM
    does the same for me.
    03-12-09 08:44 PM
    I like Viigo, but there are time that it will make my Storm to freeze for a few seconds as it doing it things in the background. I hope with the final release, it will run alot faster than this beta version.
    03-12-09 08:50 PM
    I just gave up on Viigo, for awhile. I really like the format of the application but the performance was just getting worse over time and with each upgrade. Things were freezing, article load times were growing, no podcast app, I was getting white screens, etc...

Viigo really flew out of the gates with the release of the storm but then hit a wall when other apps (like the WSJ app and the APNEWS app) started to emerge and maintain strong growth.. I will keep an eye on it but really don't want to tie up the storm's resources with this work in progress.
    04-17-09 09:37 AM
    definitely same problem here
    finally gave up on it...it needs work
    04-17-09 09:43 AM
    I dropped Viigo just this morning and saw an immediate performance boost. It's a good product and I'll miss it, but it's just too heavy.
    04-17-09 10:18 AM
    I dropped Viigo just this morning and saw an immediate performance boost. It's a good product and I'll miss it, but it's just too heavy.
    I just found it to be a resource hog and not all that user friendly. Great idea, just not where it needs to be for me to keep it at this time.
    04-17-09 12:47 PM
    On every fresh start of the app it is collecting all the newest feeds, if you want it to load faster leave it open in the back ground

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 01:41 PM
    Viigo for now is a HUGE memory hog!!!
    04-17-09 04:15 PM
    Agreed. Viigo hogs memory and occasionally lags so hard that without an orientation change it just freezes.
    04-17-09 04:18 PM
    Check out my signature on your Blackberry. It has a OTA launcher link on the site if you like it and don't want to mess with bookmarking. It is a good alternative to viigo.
    04-17-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD