Anyone else have this issue? I got the hour glass a lot. Uninstalled Viigo and it's good to go. Too bad cause I really liked the app.
    04-06-08 06:54 PM
    ya it slowed mine down so i got rid of it
    04-06-08 06:59 PM
    I wish you hadn't said this, I like it too but haven't noticed. Now I will probably really notice it!!
    04-06-08 07:34 PM
    I get the same exact thing, but I like it so I put up with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 10:18 PM
    Anyone else have this issue? I got the hour glass a lot.
    I have viigo but haven't noticed an issue with getting the hour glass. Did you get it whenever you tried to open an app (email, BB messenger, etc.)?

I may have to keep an eye out for it now.
    04-06-08 10:21 PM
    no issues here... love the app.
    04-06-08 11:40 PM
    I havent had an issue at all, Only time it slows my BB a little, is when its updating the channels, and that is expected!
    04-06-08 11:43 PM
    I havent had an issue at all, Only time it slows my BB a little, is when its updating the channels, and that is expected!
    Same here.
    04-06-08 11:45 PM
    Slowed me down as well, and actually wound up filling my device's internal memory. I didnt realize that the feeds i checked off would take so much space. I uninstalled it for now, but hoping the new version will be better.
    04-07-08 01:54 AM
    im running it just fine maybe its just me ill run it again later and give u guys my take
    04-07-08 03:40 AM
    Makes my BB super slow. Everytime my messages delete from low memory i think about deleting it but I love it so...............
    04-07-08 04:46 AM
    Makes my BB super slow. Everytime my messages delete from low memory i think about deleting it but I love it so...............
    The problem is not with the Apps, but as you so rightly said "delete from low memory" is the problem. there are many, many post around here about (MEMORY)
    04-07-08 06:14 AM
    i re-loaded viigo. trimmed down the number of channels and it's working fine and not slowing down my blackberry.
    04-13-08 06:46 AM
    Instead of deleting your beloved feeds/channels, you can try lowering down the amount of total news it downloads under options and whenever you finished reading something, delete it instead of just marking it as read.

For the people who are having problems, how many channels do you have running?.

04-13-08 07:19 AM
    Blackberry 8800, maximum articles set to 500, with auto update applied - never had an issue with Viigo, I love it,for me it's the best application I've installed.

04-13-08 07:47 AM
    Never had a problem with it either. Have it set to maximum articles 700, maximum articles per channel to 150, automatic update to yes, update interval 30 minutes. I also force the connection to be over BIS-B and not AUTO which maybe why folks have problems with it slowing down the phone.

Only complaint I have about it is that it does not update all the channels all the time until I bring it to the foreground and force it to update all the channels.
    04-13-08 10:23 AM
    Always delete them after I read them. On an 8830. I set the max to 200.
    04-13-08 06:41 PM
    I have no performance issues with Viigo running/installed. I delete data after reading, just to keep memory usage to a minimum. It would be really nice if Viigo could use the SD card for storing data.
    04-14-08 08:11 AM
    Anyone else have this issue? I got the hour glass a lot. Uninstalled Viigo and it's good to go. Too bad cause I really liked the app.
    ya it slowed mine down so i got rid of it
    I've had it for a while and noticed a big slowdown of my 8830WE and a lot of hour glasses. Even if I deleted the feeds that I didn't want on Viigo, it didn't make a difference. I think, but not sure, if it's always open and cannot be closed completely, it'll eat it up (the memory that is). I know that like, "Pocket Express", you can completely close and I have no issues with that since I uninstalled Viigo.

**I think, personally, what would be better would be to automatically detele like a day or two old threads, have that in a setting, rather than having to do a whole "delete prior" deal, on top of storing it on the data card. However, with that new program that the home page had, maybe that'll let you do it.**
    Last edited by Grafixx01; 04-14-08 at 11:14 AM.
    04-14-08 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD