I downloaded viigo beta and installed it on the Bold. When I click Viigo to run it, it just sits there with nothing happening. I'm going to try to uninstall/reinstall, but has anyone else had a problem with this?

Thanks guys.
    09-15-08 07:47 PM
    No problems at all, especially with the new beta..it addresses many issues from the previous build.

Check the connection settings?

Ensure the application permissions are set correctly?
    09-15-08 07:57 PM
    I figured it out. I had installed it over the previous version and never restared. Doh! I uninstalled and reinstalled and voila, perfection!
    09-15-08 07:59 PM
    It takes time...literally. I am not sure what it is doing, but if you look at the bottom of the screen there is a little hour glass spinning.

Try backing out of the application and restarting. Don't forget that Viigo needs to restart your Blackberry before working properly, and sometimes that reset doesn't actually happen even after you click yes. Do a hard restart of your Bold.

Also for your sake I hope that this is a fresh install, because simply updating the old Viigo, is not recommended.

I do agree that Viigo beta is tempermental on the Bold at best. They have fixed a few issues I seemed to be having with it a couple weeks ago, but that is another story. Not sure how I ended up with an email telling me to download a beta anything, but like a dummy I did download it, and it was not a very nice experience.

Just one more thing...with all the issues I had with Viigo Tango beta, I actually uninstalled it. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe it was just bad luck, but that uninstall turned into a nightmare. I won't go into too much detail because I really don't know the problems I had immediately afterwards had anything to do with Viigo, and I am not about to bash the software based on a coincidence.

On a brighter note because Crackberry is now endorsing it, I have since installed Viigo Tango Beta again, it seems to be working fine on my Bold, with hardly any of the issues I had the first time around.
    09-15-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD