Viigo released a little update today, some of the changes include support for feed aggregators like Google Reader. Viigo has also gotten a few minor UI changes as well, removing things such as the "My channels" bar to make way for more feed data, as well as offering a "email to me" function, so that you may review things at a later date say from your home computer on a larger screen and they have also updated it to be able to function with the native BB fonts as well, so more issues with loading themes and it causing viigo to not look right.

The basic summary of improvements added in this version are:
    • Improving the frequency with which feeds are updated and delivered
    • Allowing more screen real estate for feeds
    • Preserving user-defined fonts
    • Adding shortcuts
    • Supporting One click email article to me
    • Making it easier to blog from Viigo
    • Adding the ability to limit the maximum articles per channel
    • Supporting foreign character sets in “Full Article” view
    • Adding the ability to synchronize (one way) to your Google Reader account
    SOURCE
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 01-30-08 at 09:47 AM.
    01-30-08 09:31 AM
    how to we update, just go to the install page everytime there is a update?

How do we get on the update notify list....

Also loks like I have had that ver. for 2 weeks already.......
    Last edited by yester18; 01-30-08 at 09:46 AM.
    01-30-08 09:41 AM
    http://getviigo.com on your mobile browser and since it was just released earlier today, i'm sure you will find when you download it...it will ask you to replace your already exisiting version.
    01-30-08 09:52 AM
    yeah it asked if i want to replace the same version that i currently have..... which I did.........
    01-30-08 10:03 AM
    Thanks for this. I just went to grab the new version. I had ver 2.2.70 already installed, Viigo detected it and asked whether I wished to upgrade, (to ver 2.2.82)

I am running this version for use with a BES. After a requested reboot Viigo is now updated, and my existing channels all saved.
    01-30-08 10:43 AM
    okay worked now, battery pull kinda odd, then reinstall. then it worked....

I wonder if it was pulling up a cache site on my phone from the last install.

All good now thanks and sorry for the questions but i was confused.
    01-30-08 11:32 AM
    awesome! Thanks for the information. I've found Viigo to be one of those "can't live without" utilities on my BB .... thankfully it's free, but I'd pay for it too no problem.
    01-30-08 12:37 PM
    I am new to this wole bb world and I jus want someone to explian to me what this viigo is all about and why is it so great.
    01-30-08 03:48 PM
    I would have to argree with the site it self..... They express it very well and I have to agree it ROCKS!!!!!

Access a rich array of content and services that are an integral part of our day to day lives (corporate or personal).Using the free Viigo service, pick and choose from a broad portfolio of useful information (news, entertainment, local events, corporate info, etc.) and fully interactive services (bookings, purchases, etc.), with a user experience that will rock your world.

The latest release of Viigo for BlackBerry (2.2.80) is focused primarily on delivering important usability improvements that have been requested by our users in the past few months.
    � Improving the frequency with which feeds are updated and delivered
    � Allowing more screen real estate for feeds
    � Preserving user-defined fonts
    � Adding shortcuts
    � Supporting One click eMail article to me
    � Making it easier to blog from Viigo
    � Adding the ability to limit the maximum articles per channel
    � Supporting foreign character sets in �full article�
    � Adding the ability to synchronize to your Google Reader account
    01-30-08 03:54 PM
    I love this program too, and I'm happy they took off the [viigo] tag in the subject line.

Question: I added my my google reader to Viigo, but I now have a lot of duplicates. How can I go back and remove the Google Reader module?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-08 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the links.
    01-30-08 07:58 PM
    I download via desktop manager 2.2.82 to my blackberry..but...it didnt update it. I then went to 'options' - 'applications' - and it shows i have the 2.2.56 and the 2.2.82. How can i override the older version with newer?
    02-16-08 11:36 AM
    I would remove the older version first and install the new. It should have asked when you tried to install the new version OTA to replace the older one.
    02-16-08 11:39 AM
    I have the Viigo version for use with BES on my 8830 WE. I've noticed that the hot keys (shortcuts) don't seem to work properly. For example, when I am reading a feed, I noticed that I can hit a few different keys to navigate from one article to the next. I took a look at the listed shortcuts in the help section and these other keys weren't listed. Also, the "u" shortcut does not seem to go to the next unread feed like its supposed to. Has anyone noticed this or have some way to fix it?

05-11-08 08:22 PM
    Why is it that "n" (next) goes to the next oldest item? Shouldn't it go to the next newest item? Same thing with "u" for next unread item. It should go to the next unread newest item you'd think.

Last edited by QuezXLV; 05-12-08 at 08:39 AM.
    05-11-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD