Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Viigo Error - Need Help

Hey. I tried downloading the new Viigo today. I've tried it twice and even after a couple of reboots I keep getting a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error. Anyone know how to correct this?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Reboots or battery pulls?
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I didn't actually try a battery pull, but I did two soft reboots including one that was required after the download. I'll try that now.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by yatesgr View Post
    I didn't actually try a battery pull, but I did two soft reboots including one that was required after the download. I'll try that now.
    Ok I tried a battery pull and it still comes back with the same exception error. Any ideas what is wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Use your BB browser, go to Options, Browser Configuration and check the Java Script option. I had the same problem. After changing this option I was able to see the download screen at Viigo.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by devek View Post
    Use your BB browser, go to Options, Browser Configuration and check the Java Script option. I had the same problem. After changing this option I was able to see the download screen at Viigo.com
    I didn't have a problem downloading Viigo, in fact I've tried deleting it and reloading it 3 times. It appears to download fine. The error happens when I try to open Viigo.

CrackBerry User

You have to uninstall it first.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by b_baller00 View Post
    You have to uninstall it first.

Ok, help me here. I did delete viigo each time before I tried reloading it. Is uninstalling it do something more than just deleting it?

CrackBerry User

Did you do a hard reset after uninstalling it?

CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by b_baller00 View Post
    Did you do a hard reset after uninstalling it?

Yes I did, after each time. I even tried downloading thru the CB site and from the viigo site itself.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,847 Global Posts

I just downloaded the new Viigo and my restart just finished so let me see if I have any similar problems..

edit: No, mine works fine.
    I didn't delete my current Viigo before I went to the bb browser and went to "crackberryviigo.com" and downloaded this new one though. It asked me to replace the old ver and I said "Yes". After downloading, it told me it needed to reboot, and I hit "OK" and it came back on - opened it up and it works fine. Hmm.. I'm on OS .216 by the way.
    Last edited by Jonneh; 06-27-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Hmm, I deleted the version I had before I tried downloading the new version like it said to. I'm on 266 so I wonder if that's a problem?

CrackBerry User

I downloaded the new Viigo yesterday as well. I am able to use Viigo, as there are no problems, but my icon has disappeared. It's not in my downloads folder, anywhere. I did 2 soft resets. . The only way I was able to go into it was through my open "tabs"
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by szythesgf View Post
    I downloaded the new Viigo yesterday as well. I am able to use Viigo, as there are no problems, but my icon has disappeared. It's not in my downloads folder, anywhere. I did 2 soft resets. . The only way I was able to go into it was through my open "tabs"
    I have the icon although maybe that is leftover from the version I deleted. Where are 'open tabs'?

CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Ok, since yesterday I've tried reloading viigo twice. Each time I get the same uncaught exception error message. I'm running 266 - did anyone else running 266 get the new viigo to work?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,847 Global Posts

Sorry, I know it's frustrating. :\ I'm not on .266 though. I hope someone else will read your thread.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Thnx Jonneh. I don't know what's wrong, but it just won't work no matter where I load it from. I saw the same uncaught exception error in a different thread, but it was about changing os I think.