Hey. I tried downloading the new Viigo today. I've tried it twice and even after a couple of reboots I keep getting a "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error. Anyone know how to correct this?
    06-26-09 04:07 PM
    Reboots or battery pulls?
    06-26-09 04:08 PM
    I didn't actually try a battery pull, but I did two soft reboots including one that was required after the download. I'll try that now.
    06-26-09 04:13 PM
    I didn't actually try a battery pull, but I did two soft reboots including one that was required after the download. I'll try that now.
    Ok I tried a battery pull and it still comes back with the same exception error. Any ideas what is wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 08:00 PM
    Use your BB browser, go to Options, Browser Configuration and check the Java Script option. I had the same problem. After changing this option I was able to see the download screen at Viigo.com
    06-27-09 03:27 AM
    Use your BB browser, go to Options, Browser Configuration and check the Java Script option. I had the same problem. After changing this option I was able to see the download screen at Viigo.com
    I didn't have a problem downloading Viigo, in fact I've tried deleting it and reloading it 3 times. It appears to download fine. The error happens when I try to open Viigo.

06-27-09 06:21 AM
    You have to uninstall it first.

06-27-09 07:37 AM
    You have to uninstall it first.

Ok, help me here. I did delete viigo each time before I tried reloading it. Is uninstalling it do something more than just deleting it?

06-27-09 07:42 AM
    Did you do a hard reset after uninstalling it?

06-27-09 07:44 AM
    Did you do a hard reset after uninstalling it?

Yes I did, after each time. I even tried downloading thru the CB site and from the viigo site itself.

06-27-09 08:12 AM
    I just downloaded the new Viigo and my restart just finished so let me see if I have any similar problems..

edit: No, mine works fine.
    I didn't delete my current Viigo before I went to the bb browser and went to "crackberryviigo.com" and downloaded this new one though. It asked me to replace the old ver and I said "Yes". After downloading, it told me it needed to reboot, and I hit "OK" and it came back on - opened it up and it works fine. Hmm.. I'm on OS .216 by the way.
    Last edited by Jonneh; 06-27-09 at 10:45 AM.
    06-27-09 10:39 AM
    Hmm, I deleted the version I had before I tried downloading the new version like it said to. I'm on 266 so I wonder if that's a problem?

06-28-09 08:32 AM
    I downloaded the new Viigo yesterday as well. I am able to use Viigo, as there are no problems, but my icon has disappeared. It's not in my downloads folder, anywhere. I did 2 soft resets. . The only way I was able to go into it was through my open "tabs"
    06-28-09 09:03 AM
    I downloaded the new Viigo yesterday as well. I am able to use Viigo, as there are no problems, but my icon has disappeared. It's not in my downloads folder, anywhere. I did 2 soft resets. . The only way I was able to go into it was through my open "tabs"
    I have the icon although maybe that is leftover from the version I deleted. Where are 'open tabs'?

06-28-09 09:16 AM
    Ok, since yesterday I've tried reloading viigo twice. Each time I get the same uncaught exception error message. I'm running 266 - did anyone else running 266 get the new viigo to work?
    06-29-09 07:36 AM
    Sorry, I know it's frustrating. :\ I'm not on .266 though. I hope someone else will read your thread.
    06-29-09 10:25 AM
    Thnx Jonneh. I don't know what's wrong, but it just won't work no matter where I load it from. I saw the same uncaught exception error in a different thread, but it was about changing os I think.
    06-29-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD