Does anyone have Viigo on their Bold? If so, what is the verdict?
    07-18-09 04:19 PM
    The feedback you should expect will run from:

"It's a memory leaking hog that totally sucks".

to

"Fantastic bit of software. My most used app."

I personally have no issue with it. As long as you set it not to run in the background and limit the number of posts to download/keep, you shouldn't run into any memory issue.

But everyone's experience seems different, so I suggest you just try it for yourself and see.
    07-18-09 04:28 PM
    The feedback you should expect will run from:

"It's a memory leaking hog that totally sucks".

to

"Fantastic bit of software. My most used app."

I personally have no issue with it. As long as you set it not to run in the background and limit the number of posts to download/keep, you shouldn't run into any memory issue.

But everyone's experience seems different, so I suggest you just try it for yourself and see.
    That about sums it up, that and perform a search because there are a lot of threads dealing with this.

I use it extensively though since I spend a lot of time on ships and it is my main source of news. It works for me. Its worth outweighs any negatives for me. They have been good about updating the software as well.
    07-18-09 05:56 PM
    it is weak, I use Fox and CNN and have better results
    07-18-09 07:59 PM
    it is weak, I use Fox and CNN and have better results
    That isn't really helpful. Exactly how is Fox and CNN les weak than Viigo with 28 different news feeds along with five weather feeds, 22 sports feeds, and those are just the ones I have subscribed to. You can also get audio or podcasts, selected literature (I read "The Art of War" on it.) financial feeds, politics, flights and travel, social networks, etc., etc.

If CNN and Fox gives you all you need then great. To me though just those two wouldn't even come close, I would call them weak to use your word. When I am away Viigo gives me much more including my local newspaper. If I'm on a ship I simply start Viigo as I walk to get breakfast and it downloads all the headers and I have news to read while I eat.
    07-19-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD