With over 15,000 beta testers logging in to both the private and public beta versions of Viigo every day, we�ve been able to gain a great deal of insight into where the app is working well, and where it isn�t. We�ve also been able to generate a number of amazing ideas for new features, many of which we�ve put into the development queue.It was clear that a number of you were being affected by the following important issues: hourglassing,* intermittent connectivity,* channels not being updated, and battery drainage. As a result, we focused this beta largely on improving the core of the app, at the expense of tackling larger features such as Audio. *Despite this focus, we have some exciting new features to announce..

Here�s what�s new in beta 3�Enhancements (available today)� New: Flights and Travel (search for flights, build itineraries and check the status of flights)� New: Enhanced Sports selector � allowing you to subscribe to multiple sports at one time� New: Better organization of the sports service � multiple feeds per sport (e.g. scores, standings) are now grouped by folder� New : NCAA Football Scores� New: Kijiji Classifieds Search� Enhanced: Politics Coverage (Upcoming Canadian and US elections) Enhancements (coming in the next few days, with no need to upgrade again)� New: Currency Exchange Rates� New: Enhanced sport coverage (blogs, news, spreads, standings) for many sports� New: Stock Portfolios by industry sector (keep track of the top industries in each sector)� New: Read the Classics on Viigo (brought to you by the DailyLit)� New: Premiership scores and standings� New: Movie Showtimes And more Other enhancements:You can now customize the Viigo Home Screen � Add or remove services from the home screen (like CFL, Elections, Entertainment etc.).* To add or remove a service from the home screen, simply highlight it then click the BlackBerry menu button, then select �Add Service� or �Remove Service�.Improved memory usage and reduced �Hourglassing� �This release incorporates a number of* improvements to reduce both the dreaded �hourglass� and memory utilization on your device.* We�ve made some great headway here, but we are working on much more.Improved connectivity - We�ve improved the way in which Viigo communicates with our servers, addressing the following connectivity issues: �Update All� fails to update, intermittent �Update Failures�, and the login message prompt, �Your account has been transferred to another device�.Watch for a blog post on Friday describing these features in more detail.Items not fixed in this releaseLoss of Custom RSS Titles and Saved Articles When Upgrading�� � Custom titles and Saved Articles are not preserved after installing the new beta version of Viigo (even if you login using your Viigo ID). This is still a known issue, and we�re looking into a long term solution here.* This release does not yet incorporate a fix, but expect to see one shortly.* We apologize for the inconvenience.Audio � With the tradeoff of improving the battery life, device memory, and server connectivity, this release doesn�t incorporate any updates to Audio for the private beta testers.* We�ve temporarily removed it from the app so that we can focus on making it better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 09:31 AM
    I installed it this morning, and there's one change that really bugs me - for some rss feeds, I would have to "open in browser" to read the article but this option is removed in the new Viigo - so now when I click a feed and click a line that doesn't have the data behind it, I can't open it in a browser - this happens with my feed for aint it cool news
    09-11-08 09:55 AM
    I received the e-mail from Viigo today as well. I have the private beta and like it so far...
    09-11-08 10:08 AM
    apparently the feature is still there but you need to be within the actual article to see it, and for whatever reason articles from aintitcool.com aren;t viewable on viigo. I can see the articles headers under TODAY within the channel but when I try to select any article nothing happens, and the menu doesn't have the Open In Browser option which renders reading feeds from aintitcool pretty much useless. This also affects my xbox-scene feed as well.
    09-11-08 10:18 AM
    I got the email today too, but what is the difference between public beta and private beta? I haven't dl it yet bc I am not sure which one to get?
    09-11-08 10:38 AM
    Okay, when I go to the private beta it asks for a user name and pword but it won't accept my log in data? Any suggestions?
    09-11-08 11:15 AM
    Never mind, I pulled it up on my BB and it is working.
    09-11-08 11:24 AM
    Open in browser is still available in the private beta which goes public in a few days. Under classifieds the closest city I can choose is 100 miles away.
    09-11-08 11:28 AM
    Open in browser is still available in the private beta which goes public in a few days.
    only if you can read the article though - for some reason articles from Aint It Cool list, but when I select one to read nothing happens. In the past I used to be able to open the article and it would display the first few lines, then I'd Open In Browser to read the whole article. Since I jumped on the new Beta, I can't read AICN's articles (but almost all of my other feeds are fine).
    09-11-08 11:32 AM
    only if you can read the article though - for some reason articles from Aint It Cool list, but when I select one to read nothing happens. In the past I used to be able to open the article and it would display the first few lines, then I'd Open In Browser to read the whole article. Since I jumped on the new Beta, I can't read AICN's articles (but almost all of my other feeds are fine).
    try deleting and reinstalling that feed.
    09-11-08 11:33 AM
    try deleting and reinstalling that feed.
    I did, twice in fact - first I removed it, then put it back manually. Then I removed it again and installed via URL - same results both times.
    09-11-08 11:37 AM
    Pete from Viigo also emailed me with a suggestion but it didn't work (thx to Pete if you read this)
    09-11-08 11:38 AM
    Pete from Viigo also emailed me with a suggestion but it didn't work (thx to Pete if you read this)
    If you don't mind, post his suggestion. It may work for others with issues.
    09-11-08 11:40 AM
    If you don't mind, post his suggestion. It may work for others with issues.
    to reinstall the feed, sorry I should've mentioned that in my earlier post.

The only thing I can think of is the AICN feed is broadcasting somewhat differently than most others because I can read/open in browser almost all of my other feeds so I don't think it's a viigo issue, so much as it's an issue with the way the new viigo handles their types of feeds.

I chalk it up to the price of being a beta user lol
    09-11-08 11:49 AM
    Hey yester18, hate to be a stick in the mud, but did you miss this line in the email?

"Despite this focus, we have some exciting new features to announce. But before we let you know what these are, we�d like to ask you to keep this quiet until the public unveiling of the BETA on Friday."
    Last edited by SLVR6; 09-11-08 at 12:01 PM.
    09-11-08 11:58 AM
    I've used viigo since last fall with no problem. I downloaded the private beta this morning and can't get it to connect.

Can someone share the settings I need for the Network Connections set up?

I'm running an 8300 on ATT. I have all of my application permissions set to "allow."

Thanks.
    Last edited by kailess; 09-11-08 at 12:26 PM.
    09-11-08 12:23 PM
    I've used viigo since last fall with no problem. I downloaded the private beta this morning and can't get it to connect.

Can someone share the settings I need for the Network Connections set up?

I'm running an 8300 on ATT.

Thanks.
    I had the same problem this morning with the private beta. I uninstalled Viigo, then downloaded it again from the link in the e-mail and it worked fine...
    09-11-08 12:25 PM
    I downloaded OTA from the link in the email. I'll try reinstalling. Did you use the private or public version on the second try?
    Last edited by kailess; 09-11-08 at 12:36 PM.
    09-11-08 12:32 PM
    I have private, the full release will not be out till tomorrow.

* Also as per the Viigo bulletin they are saying starting tonight At 7pm for upgrades...... Just FYI for later on posters.
    Last edited by yester18; 09-11-08 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Add text
    09-11-08 12:34 PM
    I downloaded OTA from the link in the email. I'll try reinstalling. Did you use the private or public version?
    I used the private beta, but there is a link for the public version right above it...
    09-11-08 12:36 PM
    Finally got it!

I had initially installed on top of the old version. It worked fine after I uninstalled the old version, rebooted, then installed the private beta.

Thanks!

ETA

The viigo email mentioned a feed for movie times. Has anyone found this yet?
    Last edited by kailess; 09-11-08 at 01:17 PM.
    09-11-08 01:06 PM
    Finally got it!

I had initially installed on top of the old version. It worked fine after I uninstalled the old version, rebooted, then installed the private beta.

Thanks!
    Right on. I had to do the same too. Glad it worked...
    09-11-08 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD