what do you think of viigo ? i saw it a few minutes ago it sounds good but i don't want to load my pearl up to much now i have 13 gb left memory and i have a 4 gib card
    05-25-08 03:18 PM
    Viigo is the best when it comes to news. You can adjust the amount of articles you receive, how often it updates, and articles per channel. That will cut down on hogging up your memory. Make sure you hit "close" when your done with the application and not the arrow key(button to the right of your trackball) so it doesn't stay running all the time. Now, about your memory. Have you done the following: deleted BlackBerry sample video, if not that takes up alot of space on your device memory so get rid of it. Go to media and select options, scroll down to reserved picture memory and set to zero. This will give you 2mg free file alone. Do you have any pictures on device memory? not your media card but BlackBerry memory? If you do get them off of there a.s.a.p. as they take up huge memory. You need to delete any applications you will not use as well as Russian and Semetic languages. Do a battery pull once a week(pull battery out while device is on) and that should help you. Use the search tool about freeing up memory on the pearl...
    05-25-08 05:34 PM
    Great application, use it daily. A must have for me.
    05-25-08 06:32 PM
    I like it. I've added a few channels and have my RSS fix before you know it.
    05-25-08 11:15 PM
    I'm a huge Reuters fan and was using viigo for a while. Viigo updated the summary RSS feeds but when you wanted to read the whole story it opened the browser and took you to the website anyways. In my opinion, I think it's a crappy application and I'm not sure what all the hype is about. Also, it caused some major memory leaks for me even though I always completely closed the application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 11:18 PM
    I am hooked on it...I got rid of it on my Pearl, but with the Curve I run with 50Mb free, so I am Viigoing again!
    05-25-08 11:38 PM
    I use it every day. I love it, and have added my goggle reader to it so I have multiplied what I can get. I get all types of news and other stuff on it.
    I have gotten my wife into it also. We go down the road and read to the other one that is driving.
    Could not imagine life with out it any more.
    05-26-08 12:50 AM
    Love it! I can't remember the last day I didn't open Viigo at least once.

05-26-08 07:15 AM
    I love it too! I check it every spare moment. All my news in one place, what could be better!?! It's my favorite application.
    05-26-08 12:43 PM
    Its one of the most used apps for Rim Execs. I use it and love it. I mean you have news at your fingertips.
    05-26-08 12:46 PM
    OK i down loaded it today but it is taking up a lot of memory on my phone and i can't find away to move it to my memory card. can it be moved / can it be move if i use my computer to move it ?
    05-26-08 06:43 PM
    If you run low on memory, Viigo may not be for you. It will eat your memory alive.

05-26-08 06:47 PM
    I have never had any problems with viigo. If you don't read your feeds daily then I suggest you not use it.
    05-26-08 06:53 PM
    I use Viigo daily even if only to glance at it. I would recommend it as an highly useful application. As far as memory, limit the number of articles allowed to things you'd want to know everyday like local, national, and maybe world news, and the crackberry blog. That's basically all I used plus a few others for entertainment but definitely not all the channels they start u out with.

05-26-08 06:57 PM
    so i gather what y'all are saying is the app can't be move to my memory card ? thats a bummer what good is a 4 GB card if you can't load it up with stuff ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-26-08 07:14 PM
    so i gather what y'all are saying is the app can't be move to my memory card ? thats a bummer what good is a 4 GB card if you can't load it up with stuff ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Coming from the Palm Treo world, that bugged me at first as well but I think it can be thought of as an advantage. By having a small amount of memory, users will need to pick and choose which applications they want installed eliminating the phenomenon that you see with Palm devices where they load their phones with so much crap that it crashes three times a day.
    05-26-08 07:54 PM
    i was hopping that i could move it or down load it to my memory card.
    05-26-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD