So what's the word? I read on the home page that a Storm-only version has been created. Is it good? Any memory leaks? Any battery drain? Any downsides to installing this app? I'm new to the whole Viigo software in general. Is this considered an all-in-one application for information? Thanks
    01-30-09 12:33 PM
    Look at the thread above this one...

Viigo (Project Tango) for Storm Updated!
    01-30-09 12:39 PM
    I just got it and I�m new to Viigo also. So far, I LIKE IT! I�m not sure about memory leaks at this point and battery issues. I�ll let you know later if I notice anything odd.
    01-30-09 12:39 PM
    I installed it yesterday and I've been playing around since then -- there seems to be a pretty big memory leak as well as sucking battery life like nobody's business (probably similar to streaming music). Other than that it's a great RSS reader and I really like the Weather feature.

Finding the right "channels" (fancy name for RSS feeds) takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you do there is a pretty big selection and you can also add your own feeds.

I wish you could customize the front page of Viigo as well as the font sizes, though ....
    01-30-09 12:40 PM
    I installed it yesterday and I've been playing around since then -- there seems to be a pretty big memory leak as well as sucking battery life like nobody's business (probably similar to streaming music). Other than that it's a great RSS reader and I really like the Weather feature.

Finding the right "channels" (fancy name for RSS feeds) takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you do there is a pretty big selection and you can also add your own feeds.

I wish you could customize the front page of Viigo as well as the font sizes, though ....
    Your thoughts about the memory and battery leaks are concerning. Perhaps it would just be simpler to use the web browser to obtain this information (for me at least)
    01-30-09 12:42 PM
    I have downloaded this program several times and keep getting error when opening something about "bundle" missing from resource. any answers to this, what am I donig wrong, or settings on phone that need to be changed, any help appreciated.
    02-01-09 12:25 PM
    i love viigo! if you're a news hound like me and frequently check many sites several times a day for news, you'll love viigo: it's like one-stop shopping for all your news sources. easily customizable for adding your own rss feeds, loads fast and the new storm version is very zippy. download it and play around, you'll never regret.
    02-01-09 02:03 PM
    I agree with the above testimonial; Viigo is a must have app if you are constantly looking through various news sources as this combines them all into one place for easy accessibility and customization. This is one of two programs that have running 24/7 and it has never drained my battery or caused memory leak, on fact I have zero negative concerns from Viigo. This and ToDoMatrix are the two apps that I could not live without.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 04:08 PM
    How do add your own rss feeds to Viigo? I'm relatively new to BB's so any info will help.
    I've followed some of the other instructions on here on how to add a channel but the version i have(which is the latest as far as i know) doesn't give me an option anywhere to add a channel.
    02-25-09 09:54 AM
    How do add your own rss feeds to Viigo? I'm relatively new to BB's so any info will help.
    I've followed some of the other instructions on here on how to add a channel but the version i have(which is the latest as far as i know) doesn't give me an option anywhere to add a channel.
    I know you can go to http://www.myviigo.com/ and sign in there and add them from your desktop PC. That's how I added all my feeds.
    03-01-09 04:08 PM
    Viigo sometimes takes forever to upload/refresh the pages, but it does work & works well. You can select channels to bookmark, which will transfer over anytime you get a new version/upload a new o.s.
    03-01-09 04:26 PM
    You know, I have been having more and more problems with Viigo lately. Nothing as far as memory leaks or battery life but the "listings" if you wanna call them that, will not show unless I try to scroll or turn the phone.

I put 4.7.0.103 on the phone as soon as I got it so I dont know if its an OS thing. and Im running v3.0.864 of Viigo. Any suggestions anyone???

Ive been using Viigo for a while now since Ive had my curve and for anyone who keeps up with any sites blogs or news on a day to day basis I would definitely recommend this app. Its always evolving also and I cant wait to see what it offers in the future.
    03-01-09 06:59 PM
    I don't like Viigo. The news items have way too many duplicates. And when you click on a news item, they have only one little paragraph on the topic.
    03-01-09 07:06 PM
    I don't like Viigo. The news items have way too many duplicates. And when you click on a news item, they have only one little paragraph on the topic.
    It should show you the link to the full story
    03-01-09 07:12 PM
    i like it...i am eager for the podcast option to be added...right now it's grayed out and unuseable...as far as memory/battery issues, i always close it so its not running in the background and havent had any issues. If you leave it on then the feeds will probably auto update every so often and kill your resources.
    03-01-09 07:19 PM
    It should show you the link to the full story
    I don't have any link to full story.

And what about the duplicate stories? It is really not that hard to filter them out. This shows a lack of attention to details in my humble opinion. I had been a programmer myself for many years, so I know.
    03-01-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD