This is pretty interesting video of the same app across both the Playbook QNX and Android OS. He shows a real Nexus One and Galaxy Tab with the app deployed but unfortunately only has the VMWare simulator of the Playbook.

Hopefully we'll see Angry Birds or other powerful Android apps ported to the Playbook in the coming months.

12-03-10 09:20 PM
    Hopefully we'll see Angry Birds or other powerful Android apps ported to the Playbook in the coming months.
    The issue is that this only works for Flex/AIR apps. Any app that needs hardware acceleration, or in general is performance sensitive, is going to have to be written for the native platform, which is not cross-platform compatible. So we'll see lots of ports, but I wouldn't expect many "powerful" apps to be that easy to port.
    12-03-10 10:51 PM
    Oh I see. I'm not too familiar with what is required between programming of different languages. Thanks for clearing this up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 11:19 PM
    Oh I see. I'm not too familiar with what is required between programming of different languages. Thanks for clearing this up!
    Flex/AIR is built by Adobe specifically for the purpose of being cross platform, it's the exception rather than the rule. Given AIR 2.5 (which added mobile support) only got released about a month ago this covers very few apps. Though there is a wide range of desktop apps, and Flex/AIR isn't just between mobile devices. Though obviously adapting desktop apps requires more work.
    12-03-10 11:28 PM
    Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just made Adobe AIR apps so all platforms that support it could run it? guess that won't happen lol.

12-04-10 12:13 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just made Adobe AIR apps so all platforms that support it could run it? guess that won't happen lol.

You can bet your last dollar that Herr Jobs would never consent to such a thing.
    12-04-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD