I just received this Tweet from Verizon

VZWNetwork: NFL Mobile on the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network gets even better this summer: http://bit.ly/aVAzPe

Apparently the app will now be broadcasting the Sunday Night games that are on NBC.

Has anyone gotten this to download onto their 9650?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 09:25 AM
    Here is what the link reads

BASKING RIDGE, NJ � If you�re a Verizon Wireless 3G Smartphone customer, you don�t have to miss a minute of what�s happening with your favorite NFL teams and players. Download NFL Mobile now, available exclusively on Verizon Wireless, for the latest information, stats and happenings with the players and the league.

NFL Mobile Getting Even Better This Summer
    In time for training camps, NFL Mobile on Verizon Wireless will add new features next month to help football fans get ready for the season and for their fantasy drafts and leagues. Customers who download the app to their 3G Smartphones will have access to live NFL Network programs, video on demand and all the latest news, blogs and commentary to get them excited for the 2010 season.

When the 2010 NFL season kicks off in September, NFL Mobile will offer live streaming of NBC�s Sunday Night Football and NFL Network�s Thursday Night Football. These programs join NFL Network, which streams live seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the only network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. NFL RedZone, the wildly popular channel from NFL Network which airs live or near-live look-ins of every key play and touchdown from Sunday afternoon games, is coming to 3G Smartphones.

To celebrate the inaugural season of NFL Mobile on Verizon Wireless, the NFL Mobile application is included as part the monthly data plan for 3G Smartphones. The application must be downloaded by the end of this year to get access to content from the 2010 season.

Available now on 15 phones, including the popular DROID by Motorola, NFL Mobile is easy to download. Simply text �NFL� to 8915 for a link to the application or download it directly from the Verizon Channel in Android Market�.

The NFL Mobile application is also available for select 3G Multimedia handsets. For more about NFL Mobile on Verizon Wireless, visit https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=rQPPRE_r. For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless.

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless operates the nation�s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=4Tbari56.

####

???

N

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 09:31 AM
    I am kind of excited about this.

But one recommended upgrade I have for them is to let the video play in the BB Media player. Right now, video plays in a smaller screen within the app. The BB screen is small enough already.

If they want this new announcement to matter, they have to make the viewing experience improved over what it is right now.......And, heck, while we're at it, how about upticking the bitrate on the audio side (the video does seems to stream pretty well).
    06-10-10 09:53 AM
    cenloe, check out post #77 from This Thread and see if that will allow you to install nfl mobile. I couldn't install it on my 8130 until I tried it the way I posted. Don't know if it will work for you though, as I did it quite awhile ago...Good luck!
    06-10-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD