So just got the new Bold 9650 from Verizon and its pretty sweet.... It has alot of preloaded apps and games and i wanted to know which were free and which arent? Thanks
    08-10-10 04:31 PM
    At this point it is hard to tell, actually. Some are real free apps and some are merely what are called LOADERS. Generally, the loaders lead to a download of the real and probably PAID apps. So if you don't want to wait for more replies, you can try running and if they are loaders, they will lead to the browser or a download. If just the app, it will probably run.
    08-10-10 05:11 PM
    You can click on the apps to check out what interests you. Most of them are links to the download page, not the actual app, and those that cost money include extra steps in the download process that indicate how much it will cost to use them. The Verizon proprietary stuff usually isn't free, but everything else appears to be.
    08-10-10 05:12 PM
    What most folks do is create a folder on the home screen, dump all the pushed VZW stuff there, then hide it.

Mine is called "Crap I Don't Use"
    08-11-10 08:33 AM
    Really who would want to junk up a nice pristine phone by installing all that garbage anyway? lol
    I don't care how much RAM I have available I have...just say NO
    08-11-10 09:05 AM
    *Noob question alert*
    Is there any way I can delete these preloaded applications (ie: CityID, Social Beat, etc)? I tried going to Options > Application, but the applications aren't listed. Also, I tried going to Options > Advanced Options, but "Applications" doesn't seem to be there... :T
    08-11-10 01:27 PM
    *Noob question alert*
    Is there any way I can delete these preloaded applications (ie: CityID, Social Beat, etc)? I tried going to Options > Application, but the applications aren't listed. Also, I tried going to Options > Advanced Options, but "Applications" doesn't seem to be there... :T
    no, unfortunately, there is no way to delete these pushed apps. They are not really apps. They bare the launchers to the locales where you can download the actual apps. They don't take up much memory so just round them up and hide them. If you try to delete them, they will reappear on a battery pull.
    08-11-10 02:59 PM
    Thanks for your help here!
    08-23-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD