VENDELETE+ is an updated, more sophisticated version of the VENDELETE tool I published late last year. Unlike the original VENDELETE which targets known locations of RIM Vendor.xml files, VENDELETE+ searches your entire drive for the files, no matter where they are located.

As a bonus, it also gives you the option of clearing the list of your previously installed apps from the Windows registry. "Huh," you may be saying? Perhaps you do not know this: When you use Loader.exe to install a new apps to your BlackBerry, Loader saves a list of the app names and their Windows file locations to the registry. That way, the next time you run Loader to install an OS, it knows exactly where your apps are (or used to be) for reinstallation. Deleting this list makes it easier to load a clean OS -- you can reinstall your backed up apps later using Loader's "Add..." button. BE SURE YOU HAVE AN .ALX FILE FOR YOUR BACKED UP APPS BEFORE YOU DELETE THIS LIST!

Here's the embedded Help file:

==============
    VENDELETE+.EXE
    ==============

VENDELETE+ scans your entire system drive for occurrences of
    BB vendor-specific configuration (Vendor.xml) files and
    gives you an option to delete found files. As a precaution,
    only RIM Vendor.xml files can be deleted with VENDELETE+.

VENDELETE+ also gives you the option to clear your previous
    BB apps list from the Windows registry. Clearing this list
    prevents your apps from displaying in Loader.exe to aid you
    in performing a 'clean' OS installation, hybrid or regular.
    You will not be prompted unless the registry key exists and
    the procedure does not delete the applications themselves.

VENDELETE+ has two optional parameters:
    vendelete+ /a = Automatic delete/clean (no prompting)
    vendelete+ /(other) = Display this help screen
    Download VENDELETE+ here

There's no installation necessary -- simply unzip and run the program.

DISCLAIMER: This program assumes you know what you are doing. Certainly, I don't know what you're doing and neither does VENDELETE+! In other words, you take full responsibility, as every mature person should.

Many thanks to SCrid2000 for his beta testing assistance

Be sure to post your comments!
    03-16-12 01:59 PM
    The registry clean is an awesome new feature. I've been doing it by hand forever.
    03-16-12 02:53 PM
    Just to clarify, the registry is automatically cleaned (right US?)
    03-16-12 06:09 PM
    i've had a VIRUS warning with COMODO.!!.. arrgh!.
    03-17-12 09:15 AM
    Just to clarify, the registry is automatically cleaned (right US?)
    The registry apps list is cleared automatically, with backup, only when the /a switch is used. Otherwise, VENDELETE+ prompts you with an option to delete the list and an option to create a backup before deletion.

The registry key in question is created when apps are installed via Loader.exe. If you've never used Loader to install apps, then the key will not exist and VENDELETE+ ignores that procedure entirely.

Hope this clarifies things.
    03-17-12 09:55 AM
    i've had a VIRUS warning with COMODO.!!.. arrgh!.
    I assure you there is no virus in VENDELETE+. Perhaps your AV app is responding to the calls VENDELETE+ makes to the Windows registry. There's nothing wrong with your computer trying to defend itself, but sometimes AV apps act like overprotecting mothers and prevent things that truly may help.

VENDELETE+ uses commands that exist natively in your Windows operating system and nothing more. Such commands include DIR, FINDSTR, DEL and REG. Using internal Windows commands helps make VENDELETE+ a lean, fast, effective and simple to maintain tool.
    03-17-12 10:13 AM
    Fantastic! Its very easy and very useful

Thankyou ubersurfer for this App!
    03-17-12 11:27 AM
    Cool app. Thanks.
    03-18-12 12:54 AM
    Works great. Fast, too!
    03-19-12 12:40 PM
    thanks a lot, worked just fine, had to run it as administrator tho but all went fine and my new 9790 now runs smoothly on 7.1!
    05-17-12 06:19 AM
    cool

downloaded and worked a treat

cheers
    05-24-12 12:31 PM
    Excellent application!
    Makes the process sooo much easier

Thanks alot ^^
    06-10-12 02:40 PM
    Fantastic! Its very easy and very useful

Thankyou ubersurfer for this App!
    Cool app. Thanks.
    Works great. Fast, too!
    thanks a lot, worked just fine, had to run it as administrator tho but all went fine and my new 9790 now runs smoothly on 7.1!
    cool

downloaded and worked a treat

cheers
    Excellent application!
    Makes the process sooo much easier

Thanks alot ^^
    Thank you all. I appreciate that I was able to make life a wee bit easier for you!

06-11-12 12:09 PM
    I couldn't get apploader to detect my installed device software. After running vendelete, worked like a charm. Thank you!
    06-19-12 06:04 PM
    This tool has become my "go to" piece of advice to anyone in the forums posting difficulties with loading 7.1 questions in the 9900 forum.

It has helped no end of people out from newbies to experienced users.

Nice work, thank you.
    06-20-12 11:41 AM
    Newbie at OS loads - couple hours reading threads, combining tips, and decided Vendelete is a MUST (thanks above)

- using VD+ to remove v.xml from .523 for 9900, it deleted 1, but c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ R...I...M....\AppLoader\Vendor.xml returns an "Access Denied" error.

Help?

*******Edit 6 1/2 hours later after a wake up*******

All good (as far as I can tell). 2nd file was in the x86 folder path (is that the 64bit stuff?) so I gave up and moved on following the OS load instructions I was following and the OS is now on the phone - although I haven't used it yet as I will wait until to night to make the device switch from my 9800 (bought the 9900 over a week ago and have taken all this time working up th knowledge to do an OS load for the first time).
    Last edited by DocDRM; 07-13-12 at 08:23 AM.
    07-13-12 01:46 AM
    Newbie at OS loads - couple hours reading threads, combining tips, and decided Vendelete is a MUST (thanks above)

- using VD+ to remove v.xml from .523 for 9900, it deleted 1, but c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ R...I...M....\AppLoader\Vendor.xml returns an "Access Denied" error.

Help?

*******Edit 6 1/2 hours later after a wake up*******

All good (as far as I can tell). 2nd file was in the x86 folder path (is that the 64bit stuff?) so I gave up and moved on following the OS load instructions I was following and the OS is now on the phone - although I haven't used it yet as I will wait until to night to make the device switch from my 9800 (bought the 9900 over a week ago and have taken all this time working up th knowledge to do an OS load for the first time).

Sorry for taking so long to respond (I haven't visited this thread in awhile). I'm glad that you like VENDELETE+ and I'm glad that you got everything working.

You may have received the "Access Denied" error you mentioned if you do not have Admin rights on your PC. That's a computer security thing and not a VENDELETE+ bug -- there's nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid.

The x86 folder (assuming Program Files here) actually contains your 32-bit programs. Windows creates two such folders on 64-bit systems, "Program Files (x86)" for the 32-bit programs and plain ol' "Program Files" for all of your 64-bit goodies.

Help this helps. Thanks again for enjoying the show!
    07-21-12 11:05 AM
    This file opened up as a trojan virus!!!! it wont even let me run it, someone else just mentioned that also in this thread. DAMNNNN. is their a way of getting another link?

cheers
    08-16-12 09:58 PM
    Thank you very much for "Vendelete". I was having a problem updating my 9670 but after reading this thread and using Vendelet, everything went fine. Now I can use 9670 with Japanese Support. Thanks again. Crackberry forum is a wonderful place
    11-03-12 12:59 AM
    Dear Sir, your post helped me restore my bb9790, I had tried everything but nothing worked. Great !!!!!
    tryfe likes this.
    03-13-14 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD