Anyone with this problem ?? I upgraded to v5.0.0.419 on my Bell Tour, and GPS doesn't work in Google Maps (i am talking about actual GPS, not tower triangulation).

it didn't work in the original rom 4.7.1.40
    However it DID work on 4.7.1.57 perfectly
    it DID work on 4.7.1.61
    it DID kind of work on 4.7.1.65

But with the latest 5.0.0.419 i don't get GPS in Google Maps, but i do get it in BB Maps.
    for that matter in any v5.0.0.xxx GPS in Google Maps doesn't work for me.

I tried every which way I can think of reloading the .419 OS, so that is not it (12x this weekend).
    If i go back to 4.7.1.57 all (Google Maps) works fine.

am i the only one ?? help......

thanks.
    01-24-10 10:43 PM
    I had the same problem with google maps as well and some other programs... I had to make sure permissions were all on allow.

options > applications > BB button > edit permissions. See if that works.
    01-24-10 10:54 PM
    ya, I checked all that many times over, i think it may be like the original OS, just a piece of s**t.

RIM is just going down the crapper, the more devices they release the crappier it is. The New devices may be nice and shiny, but the reliability of the device and service is going down, down, down...
    I think, after 11 years of carrying a BB, it is time to switch.
    01-24-10 11:20 PM
    I had the opposite problem. GPS worked with BB maps but not G maps. None of the 4.7 builds I've tried worked - .40, .5x, or .6x

Installed 5.0.0.419 and now it works great.
    01-25-10 12:36 AM
    Run a hybrid, we fix those issues!! If you want a sweet running Hybrid with the current radio then look here.
    http: // 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download T_heArchitect 9630 Hybrid 8.1.rar

The post is the beta section of CB. I have all of that fixed but I actually prefer the leaked radio over the official; it just seems to work better.
    01-25-10 07:52 AM
    i have the opposite problem guys... my GPS (actual) works with OS5 and googlemaps. but it does not work with tower triangulation. If it turn off GPS, it does not work anymore. Though I am using a GSM carrier... you think it matters?

help!
    01-25-10 09:22 AM
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.419 and GPS worked fine with Sprint Navigation for a while, but a few days ago stopped working. Whenever I started the application, it says the GPS is turned off, even though it isn't. Sprint is now sending me BB Tour #4. What a POS phone this is. Trackball issues, GPS issues...

I am never buying another Blackberry again, that's for sure.
    01-25-10 12:23 PM
    Mine worked too until I upgraded to 5.0.0.419 now I can get it to work with BB maps (sometimes) and not at all with google maps but works great with poynt. So I have to think it is either a vendor issue or a build issue not an issue with the gps receiver in the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 01:28 PM
    I deleted the sprintnav in my sprintnav by done setup>applicatons>sprintnav>delete, rebooted and I looked for the sprintnav logo, clicked on it and sprintnav downloaded an updated sprintnav 2.8 and everything works great.

you can try this for the reason that the older version might be 5.0 cappable
    01-25-10 03:19 PM
    5.0.0.419 on Telus, Google Maps GPS is NOT working for me. GPS works fine in all other apps.

Very odd. Aside from installing a hybrid, I wonder if there's anything else we can do. GPSOne settings in QPST? (I have tried messing with this as well, and no change.)
    01-25-10 03:33 PM
    i had the same problem, too. then all of sudden after about a week it just started working. i left google maps on during a short trip while using the cell tower location. i basically needed to know where i was (approx) and look at the map to get where i needed to be. then after a few minutes, boom, my little GPS location popped up on the map.

been fine ever since. this is on .419 + verizon, btw.
    01-25-10 05:11 PM
    i left mine on/in Google Maps for like 3 hours, still nothing. i just don't know what the heck the problem is, is it with RIM / Google / Bell. Is it a CDMA / Bell problem, or WTF it is !! everybody has different problems on different carriers.

aaaaaarghhhh !!!
    01-25-10 07:25 PM
    i left mine on/in Google Maps for like 3 hours, still nothing. i just don't know what the heck the problem is, is it with RIM / Google / Bell. Is it a CDMA / Bell problem, or WTF it is !! everybody has different problems on different carriers.

aaaaaarghhhh !!!
    I honestly think the problem is the device itself.
    01-25-10 07:46 PM
    I been having problem with my GPS connection ever since i change to OS5 (.419). I cant never connect to the satellite.
    Right now I keep getting 'Gps temporarily unavaiable' on Gmaps and 'unable to acquire GPS lock' on BBmaps.

Any suggestions?
    01-26-10 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD