I use Google Voice with my Blackberry. I avoid usage of the GV application as I don't want to be charged for the random Access Number GV uses. So, I have the dialing code set up for certain numbers so that it automatically dials the number through my Google Voice number and all I have to do is click the contact. (you know, the whole: [google voice number] [pause] [pause] 2 [pause] [Contact's number] (which varies depending on what type of phone you have, etc. etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to use Slydial, which is a service that allows one to go directly to a person's voicemail to leave a message without ringing their phone.

Anybody tried dialing through Google Voice and then using Slydial? I'm wondering if it's too complicated?

Anybody use the Slydial application? I don't use it as I use Slydial free which only allows me to call the Slydial number and then enter the contact's number (it has advertisements).

Thank you for any advice, tips, etc. people can provide!
    07-17-10 07:08 PM
    I'm assuming you have Verizon Friends & Family, or some similar calling circle plan, and have your GV number on your list to calls are free.

I guess you could set up a long string that goes through the whole Google Voice string to call Slydial, then pauses long enough to enter the Slydial string to call the number. Why not just give it a try?

BTW, some Google Voice users have said the GV app uses the same access number while they're in their home area, so they can just add that number to their calling circle/F&F for free calls. Use the search function to find out.

The SlyDial app apparently just dials SD, then inputs the number of your contact. I don't see any way to modify it so that it would route the call through GV, then SD.

By the way... you may want to check out CardKaller. It's a handy little app that will remember the GV string, then dial it automatically, followed by the number you want to call and the # at the end. It was originally developed to use prepaid calling cards for international calls, but it works great for GV, too.

I like it for a couple of reasons, in addition to not having to worry about inserting a long GV string into every contact:
    1) I have outgoing Caller ID blocked, so I can't use the GV app. That doesn't matter with CardKaller because it can enter my GV password.
    2) I use two GV numbers -- one for my business and one for personal calls. If someone uses Caller ID to return a call to the business GV number, it forwards to my office, not my cell.
    3) They gave me a copy FREE for writing an online review. Check out the recent thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/rev...7/#post5218975

I had previously used s4bb's WorldDialer, a similar application which I cannot recommend. The company knew this app bricked the S2 after a current OS update, but did nothing to warn consumers. I spent hours troubleshooting and sent them an email to inform them of the problem... and they replied, saying it was a know issue to be corrected in an update. They could have saved me lots of time and aggravation by putting some sort of notice on their website or forums.
    07-17-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD