I�m a new Blackberry 9700 user just scratching the surface of the �Smartphone� world. My spouse and I have separate laptops and use the same logins and passwords for several websites. Is it possible to download Ascendo DataVault and use it for both computers, and if so, how? It would only be installed on my Blackberry.
    01-03-10 06:26 AM
    Yes, you can use Ascendo Datavault on multiple laptops. The license is for the Blackberry device, the laptop app is free and not license-restricted, and multiple computers are allowed.

I actually use it on 3 different Blackberries (3 licenses - it is PIN specific license), and 4 different computers. I use the same database across all devices, and sync periodically to keep the datasets up to date. I designate one BB and one PC as the "masters" where I make changes to the data, and use the other BB's and computers basically as "read only". This is just to keep from editing the same entries on multiple devices and getting conflicts, although any of the devices *can* be edited. I "copy and paste" the dataset file from the master computer to the others just to speed up the sync process.

You will not have a problem with 1 BB and several computers, you just need to do periodic sync's, and the BB will be the common "carrier" between the laptops. Or, you can do the sneakernet approach and copy and paste between the laptops.

Hope that helps.
    01-03-10 07:23 AM
    Thanks very much for your help.
    01-03-10 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD