So I work at a mall, and everyday we have to do a parking lot count and give an estimated % of how many cars we think are in a 1 lot.

So I was wondering if someone could make an app to where all I had to do was enter the amound of parking spaces that are in 1 lot, and then just count the cars and enter that to get a really accurate percentage.

Let me know if anyone can help me out. Thanks
    02-14-09 11:04 AM
    Lol unless I am missing something it seems like all you are requesting is something that divides the two numbers and multiples by 100 to convert it into a percentage....? The Storm comes with a calculator .
    02-14-09 11:07 AM
    Lol blue u beat me to it lmao personally I was going to recommend a math class

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 11:09 AM
    JDM, I could hold my laughing when I openend this Thread! The title said: Usefull App Request and while opening I thought it would be really usefull... but now... oh no... haha.
    That just made my day ;-)
    02-14-09 11:11 AM
    How about just using a spreadsheet?
    Use the formula that divides the Total # of spaces into the # of cars parked at a given time to get your percentage per lot.
    Then add all lots, and divide by the # of lots to get an average percentage. You could use this spreadsheet via Docs to Go.
    02-14-09 11:13 AM
    Ohh well im not good with math or percentages at that, so thats why i was trying to get something figured out.
    02-14-09 11:14 AM
    Haha it's ok we forgive you. When I read the first part of your post, I thought you were going to request an app that did something like analyzing a picture that you took and calculating a rough percentage of the number parking spaces taken up by cars. That would be cool haha. You'd probably have to be on a higher floor or the roof though .
    02-14-09 11:29 AM
    Ya that would be sick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD