hi everyone,

so yesterday i finally got my Verizon tour activated and going, and everything was going well until i plugged it into DM V5.0.

DM said i had an OS update to version 4.7, so i went ahead and let the computer do its thing. then while it was installing all the applications again it said unknown error, do you want to retry. so i clicked retry, and it got to about 90 percent before it said fatal error. the phone then went into a rebot cycle saying APP ERROR 205.

well i got the phone fixed and its running fine again, and i checked to see if my OS was the newest one. this time i checked OTA with the actual blackberry itself and it said i was up to date. it says its running version 4.7.1.40.

well about ten minutes ago i updated the DM to 5.0.1, and then i plug the phone in. and again it asks if i want to upgrade my OS.

i didn't do it because i dont want the phone to crash again, but does anyone know what its trying to update to if my bb says its updated already when i check OTA? and has anyone else had this problem that i' had?

and does anyone know what i might have done wrong that caused my phone to crash?
    11-18-09 12:40 AM
    4.7.1.40 is the original and current Verizon version. Sprint and other CDMA carriers have later releases. Checking for an upgrade via DM is normally safe and should never crash your phone.

You can always check the latest Verizon release here: BlackBerry® Software Updates
    11-18-09 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD