Just learned that if you uncheck all the phones that would get the call forwarded to and disable do not disturb it's one more ring to the GV number.

A big 'gotcha' with all this that everyone should realize is the minute the forward starts it's using minutes. Unless you have unlimited in/out to a particular favorite number you will use up some minutes using this procedure outlined in the thread.
    so are we paying for forwarded calls?? i just set this up and it works perfect but i dont want it to eat up my minutes everytime someone leaves a voicemail..
    10-05-09 10:27 AM
    it's my understanding that the vzn feature of call forwarding is free...but it cost .10 a minute for the calls.
    10-05-09 10:34 AM
    so are we paying for forwarded calls?? i just set this up and it works perfect but i dont want it to eat up my minutes everytime someone leaves a voicemail..
    True of all 3rd party voicemail services. You might get evenings and weekends.

Also, I'm really not sure about this but if you have a Friends & Family Plan and add your Google Voice number, there's a chance that the minutes won't count (anyone know how carriers handle an unanswered forward to a Friends & Family number???).
    10-05-09 10:37 AM
    it's my understanding that the vzn feature of call forwarding is free...but it cost .10 a minute for the calls.
    i don't get it. its free or .10 a minute? will it count against my minutes or is it an additional .10 on top of it?
    also if i forward unanswered calls to my GV number, and i installed the GV app on my tour, will verizon charge me if i check my "visual voicemail" inside of the GV app?

sorry guys, just trying to understand how this works..
    10-05-09 12:14 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD