Wow...seriously just open the battery door and pull....is it THAT difficult?
    If you've read the thread you'd realize that there are some cases that take longer to get off then doing a little typing.
    10-07-09 03:09 PM
    Make it one of your speed dials if you think that it's too many steps
    10-07-09 05:32 PM
    Well...this is more controversial than I thought. So,

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-07-09 05:52 PM
    worked for me on .230
    10-07-09 06:09 PM
    Doesn't work on my 9530 with Telus. A dialog just comes up and say Invalid Password.
    I'm on .230 and it doesn't work for me either...
    10-08-09 02:50 PM
    I think this as a solution is a joke. Seriously. It is like 9 steps long. Why not use memory eye?
    I Agree. quick pull or memory eye way eaiser.
    10-08-09 05:11 PM
    For those that are saying this is "so hard, takes 40,000 steps, etc" it's faster than me pulling the battery.

Here's how I made it quicker: add ##000000 as a contact and assign it to a speed dial key. Hit the speed dial and it will take you right into the menu.
    10-08-09 05:25 PM
    What's a joke about it? MemoryEye isn't free and this is. 9 steps? It's like dialing a phone number and punching in a VM password. AND it reboots faster than most apps that "wait" to reboot.

It's not the perfect solution, but it's a great work around, especially for those of us who have cases and find it a PITA to take it off every time we need a reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed! Works great for me on .167 Quick as he*l reset too. Thanks, no more taking cover off!!
    10-08-09 06:01 PM
    has anybody tried setting this as a quicklaunch shortcut and just called it reset?? lol

would save all but the password and bb menu-->save steps
    10-08-09 09:29 PM
    ##000000 works for me
    10-08-09 10:16 PM
    Ever watch Mythbusters where Adam and Jamie warn about trying what they do at home?

Granted, MOST people in this forum capable of playing with leaked OS'es (?) are able to go into Quick programming screens.

Yes, the OP is talking about a tip that works for VERIZON only! Entering into this screen if you are on a different carrier can/will cause you to lose whatever high speed data network connection you have. Will this procedure work on a different carrier? Maybe, no one has posted from another carrier yet.

You could try talking to a friendly geek on a different carrier to find a compatible equivalent, you could pull the battery, buy MemoryEye, or stop using so many apps that hog memory in the first place. App Free memory will go up and down. On .230, I haven't seen a fatal drop yet, and I push mine pretty hard.

MR3 will come soon enough, or the kind developers of Quickpull, Quicklaunch, etc. will get around to updating their code to work with 5.0. Personally, I prefer patience and pulling the case than creating a $500 paperweight. But that's just me.
    Last edited by vzwcttech; 10-08-09 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
    10-08-09 10:51 PM
    On one of my resets, I accidentally entered "vzw" with a space after the "w". The dialogue box said the write was successful, but didn't mention the reset (didn't reset).

I have since had several successful resets and performance doesn't seem to be affected. Should I be OK?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 01:46 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD