I am hoping someone can help me. I recently upgraded my Facebook app to Version: 3.3.0.11 and it has deleted all of my calendar entries! I am lost without them! I need them for work and haven't backed up in a month and have very important entries on there. It is because every time I tried to add an entry it would always default to my facebook calendar view, so the only way I could enter a calendar entry I could only add it to the facebook part.
    Have these been deleted forever or is there some way to get them back? Maybe installing the old version of facebook would work? If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate it. But I think they maybe gone forever, absolutely gutted.
    12-06-12 02:47 PM
    Did you try going into the Facebook app and clicking on Options, then activating the BlackBerry Calendar Application integration and all options below it?

I don't use Facebook calendar so I'm not sure if this will help but worth a try.
    12-06-12 02:58 PM
    Thanks but I have and all it does is add all my facebook friends birthdays and events. I have lost all my personal entries I stored on there, I think unfortunately they are all gone forever.
    12-06-12 03:04 PM
    Hopefully you can get them back. Are you using outlook? If so, you can retrieve them from the daily back up that outlook does and stores in a pst file. I'll contact my computer buddy to see how that is done but I believe that if you lose your calendar due to FB or any other issue, you can pull archived backups with outlook.
    This happened to me a couple of years ago when I forgot to check the box that said "leave on forever" under options on my BB Calendar. I needed all my calendar entries and I too thought they were gone forever but my computer guy retreived them. If you are not using Outlook then of course this won't work. I know nothing about any other calendars being used and when I upgraded FB which I seldom use, I UNCHECKED every box there was, regarding calendars so that couldn't happen. I would suggest you do that too for future use. Good luck and I hope you get them back- and if you do use outlook, I'll ask for the directions to retrieve the backed up .pst files. Thanks!
    12-06-12 03:58 PM
    I really appreciate your help Unfortunately I don't use Outlook and I'm slowly coming to terms with my loss I am pretty sure I did uncheck all boxes when installing Facebook and have found others have said it sometimes just takes over you calender regardless without any warning, not on at all but I presume nothing will be made of it

At least now I wont have much on for the next few days. A few people may not be getting Christmas cards and presents I've forgotten to send (as the list's gone), oh well they can just blame Blackberry/Facebook *sob*
    12-06-12 04:27 PM
    What do you use for your calendar? Google? If so, they may have it backed up as they collect everything they can. Whoever the calendar is through may have a help/support team that can be of assistance or perhaps FB can help! That truly sucks! I feel your loss as I live on my phone/calendar. In fact, I'm going to delete it from my phone right now. I have it on my Kindle Fire as well as my netbook and desktop at the office--how many places does one need to have facebook if you never really use it-LOL!
    12-06-12 05:35 PM
    Unfortunately I had no backup calender just my Blackberry one, I have learnt from now on to always Sync it or Back it up. In a way, it is kind of nice to build up all my jobs and events again but I am worried that I am going to forget something big soon because of everything being wiped.
    12-09-12 06:33 AM
    I had the same problem.

[Update] Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones v3.2 – Now in App World lists this as a feature of the new fb app: "Calendar entries are removed when logging out, deleting or receiving an invalid session when using the application"

used my calendar to keep track of work hours, everything is gone. Guess I should go back to paper! Definitely annoying, haven't been able to find anything on retrieval. Looks like we're f'd.
    01-01-13 11:43 PM
    I really appreciate your help Unfortunately I don't use Outlook and I'm slowly coming to terms with my loss I am pretty sure I did uncheck all boxes when installing Facebook and have found others have said it sometimes just takes over you calender regardless without any warning, not on at all but I presume nothing will be made of it

At least now I wont have much on for the next few days. A few people may not be getting Christmas cards and presents I've forgotten to send (as the list's gone), oh well they can just blame Blackberry/Facebook *sob*
    Sorry I can't help you with your loss of data, but you can make sure this does not happen again if you uncheck all of the boxes within the app and change your default calendar to something else such as a Google email account.
    I get things defaulted to my BBM calendar or FaceBook calendar sometimes when I wipe & reload/upgrade. I didn't see you mention your device, but on my 9900 I just go to Options->Device->Advance System Settings->Default Services. When there I just change the selection for each service (calendar/contacts/messaging) back to my Google email account and all is well. I only mention Google because that is what I use, and I appreciate that it backs up all of my data via the cloud and it is retrievable from any device.

HTH
    01-02-13 12:36 AM