ANyone have one that works good and efficient on the storm yet??

Thanks
    05-16-09 03:47 PM
    They have a good mobile site, google ups mobile. I use it all the time
    05-16-09 04:03 PM
    Viigo has a awsome tracking up just enter your number they will search it out very simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 04:05 PM
    Viigo has a awsome tracking up just enter your number they will search it out very simple.

This will sound stupid but i have viigo but cant figure out what section its in?
    lol
    05-16-09 04:14 PM
    Wish I could help, but wanted to say no stupid at all. I think its an amazing program but I get very lost in it all the time.
    05-16-09 04:16 PM
    From Viigo's main screen, go to Shopping, then Add Channel. That's where you'll find it.
    05-16-09 05:13 PM
    thanks alot
    05-16-09 05:24 PM
    Easier thing to do is open your bb browser & enter the tracking # into the Google search box & it'll be the first hit.

~X

jcheng47 likes this.
    05-16-09 07:22 PM
    Easier thing to do is open your bb browser & enter the tracking # into the Google search box & it'll be the first hit.

~X

yep! same all major companies (fedex, usps etc)
    05-16-09 08:23 PM

~X

no kidding? i never knew that.. thanks, the viigo thing worked but its more of a hassle navigating through all the menus on viigo then what its worth.
    05-16-09 08:49 PM
    From Viigo's main screen, go to Shopping, then Add Channel. That's where you'll find it.
    never tried that... thanks.
    05-16-09 09:00 PM
    never tried that... thanks.
    No problem!
    05-16-09 09:07 PM
    I made an app this morning I just need to test a few things and i'll post it up. Works with UPS, USPS, and FedEx

Basically when viewing an email you Menu->Track Me! and it will search your email to find the tracking number and then open the Blackberry Browser and send you to the tracking page.

Right now I am having one issue and that's with Fedex - They don't seem to have a standard format. UPS has 1Z in front of every number and USPS is 99.9% of the time 22 numbers long but Fedex goes anywhere from 12 numbers to 15 so if anyone feels like helping me figure out a better way to determine Fedex tracking numbers please PM me your old but working ones, if you don't feel comfortable with me knowing your shipping address you can just put XXXX's or email me at mikepena at gmail dot com. Make sure to include if that tracking number from fedex has letters in it, I don't think any of them do.
    05-18-09 12:36 PM
    You can also just paste your tracking number (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc) into Google search, it will determine it's a tracking number and provide link for you to see the tracking details directly with the appropriate vendor. Works nice.
    05-18-09 12:41 PM
    This way is faster ( hopefully lol) you don't have to deal with trying to selet the right thing, you don't have to press copy then openeing a browser and pasting it in.

It should just be open tracking email press Track Me! and enjoy trackisifcation ( ??? )
    05-18-09 12:43 PM
    I think in all FedEx emails the tracking number comes as a link to the tracking info (i might be wrong about the fact that its all of them, but its definitely the case on a delivery notification email and delivery confirmation email.)

Honestly I would love a shipping app that would let me log into my account on fedex and see like the last 20 or so packages that were sent under the account.

Its a lot to ask for lol but its my dream.
    05-21-09 02:40 PM
    For your app do:
    if (string.startsWith(1Z))
    Search UPS
    if (string.length() == 22)
    Search USPS
    else Search FedEx

05-21-09 02:59 PM
    Make that second if an else if

05-21-09 03:00 PM
    Not familiar with the BB SDK, but couldn't you do a simple if statement and if var = 12 or 15 then go to fedex? And I think your app would be cool, would be nice to track right from the email with the BB key.
    05-21-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD