Hey everyone!

am I doing something wrong? I take most pics in landscape mode. when I upload them to facebook through the phone, the pics are ALWAYS upside down when it reaches facebook or anywhere else when i send over the phone.
    If I hold the phone in protriat and take pics and then upload them, the pics come out sideways?!

whats the deal with this? am I somehow taking pics the wrong way for them to be upside down or sideways when I send them out?
    02-09-09 06:36 PM
    I Have The Same Issue!!!!!
    Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!
    02-09-09 06:44 PM
    I know the Hard buttons have to be on the right side if they are im not sure what to tell you, maybe someone else has a suggestion.
    02-09-09 06:52 PM
    I know the Hard buttons have to be on the right side if they are im not sure what to tell you, maybe someone else has a suggestion.
    Yes, you got that right. The hard buttons have to be on the right side while unloading the photos. This is probably the only solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 07:10 PM
    I just tried uploading a photo to facebook with the buttons on the right, and it didn't work...pic was still upside down.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    03-04-09 11:27 AM
    on a some what related note

Has anyone noticed that when uploading pics through facebook mobile the picture quality is reduced and makes the pic look like crap
    03-04-09 12:22 PM
    I just tried uploading a photo to facebook with the buttons on the right, and it didn't work...pic was still upside down.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    I think that when you take the picture the buttons need to be on the right. That seems to work for me.

03-04-09 12:44 PM
    I just had a similar complaint from friends receiving pics through email attachments. The trick is to snap pics you will be sharing in landscape mode with the right convenience key on top. Any pic taken in portrait mode will come out sideways.

03-04-09 01:00 PM
    Tried taking pictures with the hard keys on the right and uploading pictures via Facebook Mobile with hard keys on the right, but STILL the pics are upside down.

Even when taking/uploading pics with phone in portrait, pics wind up on their side! Any additional thoughts on this?
    03-25-09 09:16 AM
    I am also having this problem.

Any idea's or solutions on how to fix this?

Is it a Facebook issue...?

A Camera issue...?

Or, a Storm issue...?
    04-02-09 06:46 AM
    Yep, same issue with me as well.
    04-02-09 10:49 AM
    It has nothing to do with the phone orientation when uploading. As mentioned above, take the pic in landscape with the right convenience key on the top, and it will upload with the correct orientation.

This is a known bug with the Storm (Facebook, MySpace, MMS, etc.). Hopefully it will be fixed in the next OS revision.
    04-02-09 11:02 AM
    People, only the storm itself knows which way you held the camera when you took the photo. There is only one direction that is up on the storm camera if you are gonna transfer to PC or facebook. This is just like many digital cameras; the camera knows and their proprietary camera software knows, but windows or any other program will not rotate the image for you. Transfer your photos to your PC and rotate them before loading to facebook. Or learn which landscape orientation works and only use that.

04-02-09 12:29 PM
    OK I figured it out ! ( after several frustrating hours of uploading sideways or upside down photos via android ) I decided to do something kind for tonight. Here goes! first off, I found it doesn't matter whether you snap a picture via android Vertical ( straight up and down ) or Horizontal ( sideways / AKA Landscape ). The key is when you upload the selected photo you must turn your android horizontal / AKA Landscape mode or upload it in landscape mode. I have a T-Mobile Concord and photos seemed to upload correctly when I turned the android horizontally ( viewing the photo .jpg file ) and it automatically configures itself. One more thing, I noticed, photos will not upload to your gmail.com unless you open an account. It didn't seem to be an issue with Facebook which basically configures the above automatically.
    11-09-12 07:43 PM
    Okay.. FINALLY figured a fix though it has multiple steps:
    - After uploading pic to desktop, "Open with Paint"
    - Resize here for Facebook ( I use 400 pixels)
    - Save to Desktop
    - Open pic from desktop, right-click, copy
    - Open Word Doc, Ctl V to paste
    - Right click pic and choose "Size and Position"
    - When box pops up... just hit cancel
    - you will now have a pink button at the top of your screed that says "Picture Tools"; click it
    - on the toolbar (far right) rotate as needed
    - Right click on pic and "Save as Picture"
    - The pic may still look wrong on your desktop... but when you upload to Facebook it will be correct

YAY!!!!
    05-03-13 09:21 PM
    this may have worked for you but it didn't for me. I followed your steps to a "T" and the pic still uploaded to Facebook upside down. I have tried rotating the pic (successfully) in 3 different programs but when uploading to Facebook, it still comes in upside down. I think an earlier poster to this forum had it right, this is a Facebook bug that has not been fixed yet. It seems like Facebook ignores any picture orientation info except for the original pic orientation. Holding the cell phone in the correct landscape direction when taking the pic is still the only guaranteed way to get the pic into Facebook rightside up.
    06-05-13 11:08 AM
    None of the suggestions here worked for me. But I tried rotating the picture on my iPhone by opening the picture and using "edit". I rotated the picture 180 degrees, then sent it to myself in email. Downloaded it to my desktop, where it appeared upside-down. Then I uploaded the upside-down picture it to Facebook, and it published right-side up! Good luck, hope it works for you!
    01-04-14 06:35 PM
    Before uploading, just edit the image and change the dimension axb to bxa. (check properties of the image to find current dimension)
    eg: 640x480 to 480x640)
    01-25-15 02:13 PM
    Hey everyone!

am I doing something wrong? I take most pics in landscape mode. when I upload them to facebook through the phone, the pics are ALWAYS upside down when it reaches facebook or anywhere else when i send over the phone.
    If I hold the phone in protriat and take pics and then upload them, the pics come out sideways?!

whats the deal with this? am I somehow taking pics the wrong way for them to be upside down or sideways when I send them out?

All you have to do is 'edit' the image in photo viewer in your phone, crop it a marginal amount, save it and then upload it.
    That way it's treated as a 'new' image and free of any orientation issues.
    10-01-16 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD