Hey just a quick one, do i need to uninstall the trial version of an app first before purchasing the paid version?
    Or i just purchase the Paid Version directly with the trial version still installed in the device.

Thanks!
    11-19-12 08:31 AM
    I would keep it installed and upgrade. Then, once I'd confirm the paid version has been installed and works, I'd uninstall the trial (if it's still there.)
    11-19-12 09:21 AM
    I would keep it installed and upgrade. Then, once I'd confirm the paid version has been installed and works, I'd uninstall the trial (if it's still there.)
    Thanks! I'll do that..just curious, wont the system clash having two similar apps at same time? lol
    11-19-12 09:23 AM
    Yes, the two apps could clash. But if the trial version doesn't go away once you upgrade (which it most likely will), you can uninstall it once you confirm the full version has installed.

Also, a lot of times devs leave a note in the app description about uninstalling previous versions. If I don't see one, I don't bother doing that.
    MADBRADNYC and kid1990 like this.
    11-19-12 09:35 AM
    Also, from my experience most apps that have a trial version are able to be upgraded from directly within the application itself. Meaning, you install the trial, then when the trial period is over, the application still has basic functions, but the premium functions are blocked. Then from within the app there is usually a menu item that states "Register Now" or "Purchase Now", in which when clicked, it will take you back to the application page in AppWorld to pay for the item. Once paid for, the application automatically detects the payment or you receive an application code. At this point you will have full functionality. With this process there is no install/re-install troubles. Hopefully your application functions like this.
    kid1990 likes this.
    11-20-12 03:57 AM