So I just upgraded to .284 using apploader. I did my own full backup, and apploader did one as well. After the upgrade and full restore, my 3rd party apps are gone. This never happened before to me with previous devices. It only happened if I wiped the device but didnt do so this time. Any way to get them back?
    10-24-10 03:30 PM
    If you got them from CrackBerry, you can log in to your acct. through the app store and resend them to your phone. BB App World you should just be able to sign into app world with bb login and reinstall.
    10-24-10 04:08 PM
    You should be able to retrieve them if you purchased them through the BB App World. Just sign in again and they should all show up...
    10-24-10 04:10 PM
    I knew that much. I mean, I never upgraded to an OS and had my 3rd party apps deleted completely.
    10-24-10 05:42 PM
    Strange, I did the upgrade and all was exactly as I had left it prior to upgrade.
    10-24-10 06:34 PM
    If you use app loader instead of DM, it does a wipe of the device before loading the new OS. So it's the same as using say bbsak before loading an OS. You always have to re download and setup third party apps when using app loader. One thing a backup will do though for third party apps, is save settings if you download the app first, then apply the backup. Least that's the way it has always worked for me. Some people like myself wipe first then use app loader to load the OS just so it does a fresh install with 0 backup. Also its just habit to wipe first.
    10-24-10 06:35 PM
    If you used app loader, you must select an option to reinstall those apps after they are deleted in the process. If you didn't do that, you lost your apps. They're easy to replace.
    10-25-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD