So I uploaded 4.5.0.66 onto my 8330, I got the direct link off of my carriers website (us cellular) which comes with Facebook Mobile as part of the upgrade (I had it earlier with 4.3) and now I can't find the icon on my main application screen, but when I look at the application list in the options menu, it's listed as one of my installed apps. Do I need to delete it, and re-download it? Any ideas? That was really one of my fav apps and I'd like it to work!

Also, what are some of the benefits that I will see and be able to do with 4.5? I'm just glad the upgrade went as smoothly as it did! Thanks for the help guys, I have only been on this site for a few days, but I really love it and all the great information!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 09:39 PM
    01-12-09 09:48 PM
    I already re-sent the service books, and I did a hard re-boot as well, neither made any difference.

01-12-09 09:56 PM
    Did you register the HRT?
    01-12-09 10:04 PM
    What is the HRT?

01-12-09 10:09 PM
    And would that make it so that I can see the application? I can't even find it on the menu, but it says it's on the phone.

01-12-09 10:17 PM
    i can tell you this: on the storm i go into:
    1.options
    2.advanced options
    3.host routing table
    4.pick any random one, menu key, register now.

then you should get a "message" (not sms or email haha) saying that you're registered.

thats how its done on the storm, so i hope it helps.
    01-12-09 10:23 PM
    What is the HRT?
    Follow the second step from the link I gave you.
    01-12-09 10:34 PM
    I just did it, and I got the message saying that I was registered with the wireless network, but there's no change. The problem isn't that I can get onto the Facebook mobile and it doesn't work, it's that I can't find the app at all other than it being in the applications menu under options. When I hit the BB menu button, there's no icon for it, even though it shows up in my list, as well as on desktop manager when I link with my PC. I'm lost with what to do. Thanks for the suggestion! I wish it had worked!

01-12-09 10:38 PM
    I had the samething happen when I upgraded on Vzw official .77. I just redownloaded the app from the facebook site, it said I had app already but asked if I wanted to replace? Said yes & back to normal. I had done both steps as well but couldn't find icon. Just redownload it.

01-12-09 10:44 PM
    Cool, I'll give that a shot tomorrow! That's what I figured I'd have to do. So you didn't have to delete the existing version that you already had on the phone?

01-12-09 11:01 PM
    Elvin, the same thing happened to me. I did what katdoc did and it worked just fine. Just re-download it, even tho it says it's already installed, and your FB icon will reappear as if by magic!

01-13-09 12:14 PM
    And that's exactly what happened, I deleted it, pulled the battery, then when I restarted it, there it was! All I had to do was re-download it again and it works fine!
    01-13-09 12:18 PM
    i uninstalled facebook, it was complete garbage tbh

when they come out with an amazing app similar to the one iphone has, i will be using m.facebook.com

just my opinion
    01-13-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD