I'm new to BB and still getting used to my Bold. My question is, when I upgrade the OS, how can I keep my application licenses from disappearing? I write the reg keys down, but just in case I don't or i'm away without them, is there any way I can keep that from happening? Especially since I pay for all of them...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    12-22-09 03:06 PM
    With Desktop Manager make a full backup. This way, you can restore the backup if anything went wrong. You can use the Password Keeper to store any license keys, Desktop Manager will include all stored password records in the backup.

Rarely is an application tied to the firmware revision, more likely your particular device (PIN). Therefore, you shouldn't worry much.

P.S. Mind you if you are upgrading to (beta) firmware 5.0 or similar from 4.6/4.7, some software might not work properly.
    12-22-09 03:13 PM
    If you buy from the App store your information is stored in your account. Update your equipment and pin numbers and you should be good to go again.
    12-22-09 03:41 PM
    Okay, sounds good to me!! Thank you so much for your help!
    12-22-09 04:26 PM
    Personally I just save them all as individual memos. Alternatively you can save them as a word file on your card.
    12-22-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD