There is an update to the mobile app from google for blackberry. It allows voice search. I added to my Storm. It seems that it hasn't been designed for a touch screen yet. I can't scroll, the keyboard will not hide. The voice search works. It actually understood me on 8 out of the 10 commands. Anybody else having issues with the not being able to do anything past that?

Google Mobile | Google Mobile App for your BlackBerry phone
    03-25-09 04:37 PM
    How do I install it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 06:13 PM
    You can download the app from your BB at http://m.google.com/m/download/googl...ad?dc=gorganic.

I installed this earlier this afternoon on my storm and have tested in throughout the day and find it to be pretty accurate. In order to get the app to function properly you need to disable compatibility mode. This will allow for the keyboard to be hidden but still will not function fully with the storms screen. I can't wait until they make it fully compatible with the storm.

03-25-09 09:17 PM
    Thanks for the update. I will try turning off compatibility mode.
    03-26-09 09:16 AM
    I can't get the voice search to work! When I hold down the send key it just says 'unable to record voice'
    Can anybody help me?
    03-26-09 11:22 AM
    I
    I can't get the voice search to work! When I hold down the send key it just says 'unable to record voice'
    Can anybody help me?
    You need to edit permissions and allow recording.
    This is in options >advance options > application

Find the app.. Edit permission ... Save... Done

03-26-09 11:29 AM
    Installed it. Recognizes my voice fairly well. Can only do Google seaches on it, other features not enabled.
    Picks up my GPS well
    Does it do RSS feeds, news, movie listings and more on other BBs?
    03-26-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD