Is there any way, in addition to sharing and starring posts, to share them via e mail, as well?

Thanks.
    I miss this feature from Viigo. I find myself emailing less articles while using Unread. I think this would be a great addition to Unread as it would save quite a bit of steps and would keep you within Unread. Thanks.
    Last edited by Psychor; 04-18-10 at 02:02 PM.
    04-18-10 02:00 PM
    I've subscribed to the Dilbert comic strip feed too and it works just fine. Do you have disabled the option "Load read items for non-dynamic feeds"? If that's disabled and you have no new (unread) items, the feed will be empty.
    Thank you. That seems to have worked.
    04-18-10 02:50 PM
    I miss this feature from Viigo. I find myself emailing less articles while using Unread. I think this would be a great addition to Unread as it would save quite a bit of steps and would keep you within Unread. Thanks.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who finds this feature lacking. The E-mail sharing ability feature of Google Reader is one of the most used and important features for me... I would love to see it added. I am very happy with Unread, but this could really make it close to perfect.
    04-18-10 02:56 PM
    @wpwoodjr: That's what I've thought. Is there anything interesting in the log?
    I sent you a log last week. It said "no favicons for you!"
    04-20-10 05:12 PM
    Will do. Can you provide al ink to the page where the voting on issues is? I wen to the site and couldn't find it.
    Vote for "send to" feature here:
    Unread - Feature #131: Send To Function - DeadBerry Redmine

Add a comment to indicate you want "send to email".
    04-20-10 05:25 PM
    Vote for "send to" feature here:
    Unread - Feature #131: Send To Function - DeadBerry Redmine

Add a comment to indicate you want "send to email".
    Voted for it. Thanks.
    04-21-10 12:09 AM
    I've added you to the group on deadberry.com. I'm just preparing the OTAs and screenshots for the new version. When I'm finished and didn't get a response from MobiHand until then, I'll upload the OTA somewhere for you.
    I recently purchased a copy of Unread and would like to volunteer for the beta testing team. What information do you require?

Thanks.
    04-21-10 07:37 PM
    I have been trying to subscribe to a podcast that is actually an mp3 file, but I never can get it to open in Unread. Does Unread handle podcasts?
    04-22-10 08:37 PM
    Sorry about the late reply. You can be active in the development of Unread by signing up at DeadBerry.com

RHS, Unread will not handle the MP3 file natively. You could try opening the original URL through Unread and let BlackBerry Browser handle the file although it may save it or stream it or do nothing.
    04-28-10 06:55 PM
    RHS, Unread will not handle the MP3 file natively. You could try opening the original URL through Unread and let BlackBerry Browser handle the file although it may save it or stream it or do nothing.
    How do you open a URL through Unread? I don't see that option on the menus.
    04-29-10 07:03 PM
    When you have the article open, you get a menu option that says Open Original URL and Open Mobile URL. I don't know if you will be able to get that with the mp3 file because I don't know how that acts. If you could tell me the feed, I can add it and see if I can come across any ways to make it more bearable to use with mp3s. Maybe a future update could have it so an mp3 would open automatically in the browser to save if possible.
    04-30-10 03:59 AM
    When you have the article open, you get a menu option that says Open Original URL and Open Mobile URL. I don't know if you will be able to get that with the mp3 file because I don't know how that acts. If you could tell me the feed, I can add it and see if I can come across any ways to make it more bearable to use with mp3s. Maybe a future update could have it so an mp3 would open automatically in the browser to save if possible.
    I don't see what you see on the menu. i can't get the URL to download at all.

See if you can get this podcast to work:

Truths That Transform on Oneplace.com

It's not just this podcast; it happens with others also.
    Thanks for the help.
    04-30-10 08:27 PM
    I tried it and actually got one of them to work. Please let me know if it helped you.

Make sure you are on 1.22 of Unread (requires OS 5.0). When you open the article, it will give you The description for the podcast. You can then open the menu and choose Open URL (Original). This will open it in the browser and give you a choice to Open/Save/Cancel. Opening it will stream it through the media player. This worked flawlessly for me. However, the first article that showed up for me on the podcast was The Historical Reliability of Christianity. All the ones above that do not have a title or description. I was not able to see those on Unread. This could be part of the reason as to why you cannot get them to work.
    05-04-10 05:26 AM
    Will there be any updates coming for this app?

BTW, I was not able to load the icons for my feeds in Unread, until I switched the "network" setting from "Automatic" to "Direct TCP".
    07-05-10 03:21 PM
    Will there be any updates coming for this app?

BTW, I was not able to load the icons for my feeds in Unread, until I switched the "network" setting from "Automatic" to "Direct TCP".
    Unread - Roadmap - DeadBerry Redmine
    07-05-10 03:34 PM
    What's the ETA on this version?
    07-05-10 03:36 PM
    This looks great, but $9.99 for a rss reader...really??? I'd rather view from my browser! What ever happened to .99� apps, you rarely ever see them for blackberry.
    07-11-10 09:08 PM
    Unread is not $10. You are referring to BerryReader which this is not. This is only $4.99 and what I consider to be the superior product for viewing RSS feeds and connecting to my Google Reader account.

wpwoodjr, I don't have an exact ETA on the next version but I would be confident if I told you it would be in August. When I get an exact date from Jonas, I will let you know.
    07-20-10 07:56 AM
    Any news on when an updated version of Unread will be released?
    08-25-10 03:34 PM
    Just another quick update. I was unfortunately wrong with my August assumption but the 1.23 Beta has just been emailed to all testers. They will be giving feedback and that should let Jonas push out the next public update soon.

U1.23 (known internally as "Broken Hippo") features a redesigned home screen, a notification badge displayed when you have new feeds, as well as a bunch of other tweaks, fixes, and updates that will continue to make Unread the best choice for Google Reader on any BlackBerry device including the new OS 6 and Torch.

And just to let you all know, the bug with the text being vertical after an image has been worked on. The latest fix has resulted in what appears to be complete eradication of the problem. For those that will ask, offline caching of articles is not going to be implemented in the public release of 1.23. It is being worked on.

Remember, Unread will work on any BlackBerry device running 5.0+ with a Touch-Screen or Keyboard. It also supports Keyboard shortcuts found on the web version of Google Reader.
    09-12-10 09:04 PM
    Any update on when the new version of Unread will be released?

Also, will this new version allow you to e-mail articles (as is the case in Google Reader)?

Thanks.
    10-06-10 02:09 AM
    Sorry about the delay. There was a bug that came up during beta testing that is getting fixed. I can confirm you will be able to email articles in the new version straight from Unread.
    10-10-10 11:57 AM
    Wow, just found this on my 9700 (doing the trial version), and after using Viigo and the mobile site for Google Reader, I think I'd much rather use this. I think it's better than Berry Reader too. Even the links to the full article versions work well in full and mobile.

Much like I gladly paid $9.99 for PodTrapper, which is an app I've probably used for 100's or 1000's of hours by now, I don't see why $4.99 is a big deal for this if you like it enough to make it your primary source for news/website RSS feeds.
    10-21-10 01:33 PM
    I have been using this for about a month now and love it. I have not had any issues with it on my 9650 running .810
    10-21-10 02:51 PM
    Any timetable for when the new version of Unread will be released?
    01-11-11 02:28 AM
175 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD