* Updated *

Dear Beta Users,

We have rolled out v1.05.

Here is what's new:

* Remote Listening Feature - Allows you to enter a phone number, your BB will silently call you back. Great for spying on the thief.

* Email Ping w/o using the web - Just send an email to your BB Native Account with subject sg-audioping and it will start PING!! No need to log on to the web

* Remote Lock Device - Allows to remote lock your device.

* Network Bug Fixes - Many of you had problem with backup. We hope this build resolves this.

* Bug Calendar Backup and Restore bug

How to Upgrade:

A. Can click on the following link from your BlackBerry:
    https://www.smrtguard.com/smrtgota.jsp

The new features will only work with the new software. Please upgrade before trying the new feature from the website.

Please let us know if you have trouble at [email protected]

Thanks,

Beta Team @ SmrtGuard
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-02-09 at 05:30 PM.
    03-24-09 01:44 PM
    Good stuff. Liking the app so far.
    03-24-09 01:50 PM
    When I hit the link in the email I get "HTTP Error 400: Bad Request"
    Details:Connection refused "www.smrtguard.com:8989"

Any suggestions? Already tried a reboot.
    03-24-09 01:57 PM
    Use this link from your BB:
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-24-09 at 02:15 PM.
    03-24-09 02:08 PM
    So far this is a great app but I have not been able to successfully test the Self Destruct function. Could this have something to do with my connection to a BES?
    03-24-09 02:21 PM
    Does your remote tracking or Audio Ping work in the corp environment? If those work, the self destruct might not work due to your BES IT Policy.

Let us know.
    03-24-09 02:38 PM
    Those other features work fine.

Thanks for the timely feedback!
    03-24-09 02:53 PM
    How can one go about deleting their account, which would in turn delete and remove the account and data from the server(s).
    03-24-09 03:06 PM
    So far this is a great app but I have not been able to successfully test the Self Destruct function. Could this have something to do with my connection to a BES?
    you're brave. not sure how quick id be to even want to test that feature. hhaha.
    03-24-09 03:09 PM
    How can one go about deleting their account, which would in turn delete and remove the account and data from the server(s).
    This is what many of us desperately want to know; but so far, no one seems to want to provide an answer for it.

Once your stuff is on their server, you have no control over it. We should have the option to delete accounts; thereby deleting anything we've stored.

So far, I havent seen 2-way syncing possible either.
    03-24-09 03:30 PM
    What do you need 2 way syncing for? This application was designed specifically for backing up your device, finding your device if its lost or stolen, and being able to remotely wipe your device. I really don't see the need for 2 way synching...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 03:49 PM
    I am using this on my ATT bold, I am trying to use the backup feature but it seems to hang-up when it gets to the phone logs and email sections. It just says "working" but never backs up those two sections.
    03-24-09 03:55 PM
    What do you need 2 way syncing for? This application was designed specifically for backing up your device, finding your device if its lost or stolen, and being able to remotely wipe your device. I really don't see the need for 2 way synching...

I was pointing out what I read you can do with it; I know exactly how it works. I didn't make it up.
    03-24-09 04:03 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on this but the 2 way sync may refer to the restore part of the application. For example, if you get a new berry you can download all your old data ota.

03-24-09 04:28 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on this but the 2 way sync may refer to the restore part of the application. For example, if you get a new berry you can download all your old data ota.

Weston, you may be right. To their site- 1 way; Restore to the phone- 2 way. I didn't see it that way initial. I am still looking for the user to have more control.
    03-24-09 04:30 PM
    Where is your information backed up to?
    03-24-09 04:41 PM
    The call logs backup works fine now, but I was getting a server timeout when it tried to backup email.

03-24-09 05:57 PM
    Brward15,

We are going to have self delete and account removal from the website. Give us a few more days and we will have this implemented.

Thanks for your patience.
    03-24-09 06:07 PM
    Brward15,

We are going to have self delete and account removal from the website. Give us a few more days and we will have this implemented.

Thanks for your patience.
    That's great news.
    03-24-09 06:11 PM
    Where is your information backed up to?
    Hi nor246,

The info is backed up on our secured server, and we absolutely do not share your information with anyone else.

All the connections (web and device transmission) are 256-bit encrypted.

Thanks for your question.
    03-24-09 06:12 PM
    The call logs backup works fine now, but I was getting a server timeout when it tried to backup email.

We are getting more than normal traffic due to the upgrade, but this should subside, also we are getting new servers so it can handle more simultaneous traffic.

Thanks for confirming the call log bug being squashed!
    03-24-09 06:13 PM
    That's great news.
    ScandaLex,

To your point on user having more control, we are all for it

When we first implemented the web, we actually didn't feel people would want to delete it, but now that you mention the control, it makes total sense.

Thanks for pointing out the control mind-set.
    03-24-09 06:20 PM
    I am using this on my ATT bold, I am trying to use the backup feature but it seems to hang-up when it gets to the phone logs and email sections. It just says "working" but never backs up those two sections.
    Sundevil960,

Have you gotten v1.02? In v1.01 and v1.00, there is a problem with call log. Here is the upgrade link:

Thanks.
    03-24-09 06:25 PM
    I couldn't even get this thing to run on my phone, every time I tried it froze the whole thing.
    03-24-09 10:09 PM
    I can't seem to find an option for SimCard Guardian on the Storm
    03-25-09 01:10 AM
455 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD