Hey guys....was wondering if anyone know how can I fix this problem. I have an unlocked (Verizon) blackberry storm on my T-Mobile network. Everything is fine, I was able to download AppWorld on my phone. However, when I click on the icon it says that "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server."....and I know I have internet connection cause I downloaded it from my phone to begin with....does anyone out there know how to fix this problem? Are there some settings that I need to configure?

Thanks a ton!
    04-02-09 05:56 PM
    I'm having the same problem.... mine is unlocked 9530 from Verizon running on Rogers.

Anyone else having this problem??? I've tried searching on here for a fix but haven't been successful on finding anything yet.... Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    08-17-09 10:49 AM
    Same thing here, unlocked Storm on ATT...
    08-17-09 11:26 AM
    mines is actually working fine. check if u have edge rather than EDGE. If u have edge then that might be the connection problem
    08-17-09 12:02 PM
    mines is actually working fine. check if u have edge rather than EDGE. If u have edge then that might be the connection problem
    I hold EDGE fine...

What OS are you using?

I am running .151
    08-17-09 02:54 PM
    Yeah I hold EDGE fine too and I'm running .148

funny cause there are so many people on here having this problem and have mentioned it but no one seems to be responding to any of them. Maybe no one knows a fix for it???

One guy mentioned about having to turn off all connections power off the device, turn back on and turn on all connections again. I tried that and it didn't help. I also uninstalled the app, rebooted, re-installed, pulled battery out etc. etc. and still no go.
    08-17-09 03:08 PM
    I just set up a verizon storm 9530 to use on my tmobile acct. How do you know what os it is? Is it the V or platform? I have v 4.7.0.148 / Platform 4.0.0.181.

Well, I hooked it up last night and haven't dloaded the service books yet but I do have the EDGE up unless I try to use the browser then it goes to edge.

I have my my mobile network options set as:
    Data serv. ON
    network selection: auto
    network technology: gsm/umts
    network mode on 2g

and advanced options > TCP/IP i have the apn settings enabled checked and i have the apn as: internet2voicestream.com

I've mixed it up all day and right now the EDGE has stay up for the past couple hours and I was able to do the BB App world and dloaded a couple apps so It's working for me. Hope that helps.

I'm going to work on this more tonight and see what I can figure out and if something works to fix my personal issues with it then I'll post it.

Good luck.
    08-17-09 03:33 PM
    Still having problems with this..... I've tried searching for a solution on different forums and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know why this would be happening. I've tried several uninstalls and re-installs, battery removal, network configure changes. TCP changes... nothing seems to work.

I'm running .148 OS. Appworld use to work before I tried to upgrade.... what gives?
    08-26-09 10:19 AM
    sounds like the app world isn't compatible with the network, maybe each app world is branded per device and carrier? and if you unlock the device and run it on another carrier, it doesn't work?

could also be a service book issue, what service books did you guys use to get the phone working? i know these carriers don't offer a storm, so you have to use service books from another device...
    08-26-09 11:36 AM
    sounds like the app world isn't compatible with the network, maybe each app world is branded per device and carrier? and if you unlock the device and run it on another carrier, it doesn't work?

could also be a service book issue, what service books did you guys use to get the phone working? i know these carriers don't offer a storm, so you have to use service books from another device...
    Well, mine would be Rogers Service Books.... anything in particular to look for?

I seems like a configuration issue of some sort but I can't seem to figure out what configuration it is....
    08-26-09 01:53 PM
    does app world work on any other rogers berries? i don't know personally...but that would be where i start my research at...
    08-26-09 02:07 PM
    Well, like I mentioned earlier appworld "was" working on my storm until I tried to upgrade it to the latest appworld verison. So... I would have to confirm this with someone who is on Rogers running the new appworld.
    08-26-09 02:28 PM
    find out and report back, that's something we need to know...can we even get it to work
    08-26-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD