On my 9810 how can I uninstall/delete the completely useless factory apps there's no delete option in menu or in application management area..
    12-13-11 10:02 AM
    Most cannot be uninstalled. Make a new folder called Trash or Junk or some similar. Move the apps into the folder and hide the folder.
    12-13-11 10:03 AM
    Most cannot be uninstalled. Make a new folder called Trash or Junk or some similar. Move the apps into the folder and hide the folder.
    thanks! I've moved em but was looking to free up RAM cause all the at&t apps and crap like Fandango or wikitude.....well nuff said
    12-13-11 10:10 AM
    Most of those are not apps unless you install them. Those icons take up very little space. Not enough to worry about in the larger scheme of things.
    12-13-11 10:37 AM
    I name the folder "ATT Crap"
    therapyreject174 and sjculp like this.
    12-13-11 11:08 AM
    Several of what look like factory installed apps are merely links to the app installer. You'll see these "virtual preloads" in your device service book as e.g. MobiTV VPL, Diner Dash VPL, VPL TeleNav, etc. Deleting a VPL item from your service book will remove the icon from your screen, but it will reappear the next time you push service books to your phone. I hide the VPL icons that I never plan to use.
    12-13-11 05:05 PM
    On my 9810 how can I uninstall/delete the completely useless factory apps there's no delete option in menu or in application management area..
    stick the cable into your phone, connect to your BB desktop software, and then you can delete some apps. it should work.
    12-13-11 10:23 PM
    Go to options/type in "service book"/delete anything that has [browser_config] at the end
    12-14-11 06:35 AM
    In most instances any deletion of those icons results in their being replaced if the service books are pushed again. Less trouble to just hide the darned things. Out of sight, out of mind.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-14-11 07:01 AM
    stick the cable into your phone, connect to your BB desktop software, and then you can delete some apps. it should work.
    Go to options/type in "service book"/delete anything that has [browser_config] at the end
    In most instances any deletion of those icons results in their being replaced if the service books are pushed again. Less trouble to just hide the darned things. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Sedalia066 is the only one correct here. Apps that are pushed to your device via a service book cannot be deleted, and are just links to download the app. You can delete the service book, but they will return next time you reboot.
    sedalia066 and Jeffrey43110 like this.
    12-14-11 07:11 AM
    You're right, I was half awake when I wrote the commment
    12-14-11 08:23 AM
    any of the browser_config service books are pushed by your carrier. they are nothing more than a shortcut icon to a web page to download the app.
    12-14-11 10:44 AM
    yeah Like everyone else said its just a link which takes almost no space of your
    ram. Hiding them in a separate hidden folder is a great suggestion as sedalia066 said.
    12-14-11 11:10 AM
    Any other third party appss can do this like BBBoss or BBswis army ?
    12-16-11 08:57 PM
    Any other third party appss can do this like BBBoss or BBswis army ?
    Again NO.

They are just "place cards" to download said apps and are controlled by a service book, and would be reinstalled upon your next reboot.
    12-17-11 07:38 AM
    Homer1475 is correct. This horse is dead. Time to stop beating the poor creature.
    12-17-11 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD