Is there an app that uses the main PIM and can organize by undated tasks (i.e., no syncing to another program that could accidentally alter / damage the master database)? Does anyone have a better system to view undated tasks on a daily basis to see if it is time to assign dates to some of them? I have more than 100 dated tasks and a ton more that are undated. The regular task program that comes with the BlackBerry seems to group them either at the end or in the middle, which takes considerable scrolling each time I want to view undated tasks. Roll Call Tasks only displays them if I select all ungrouped categories. I cannot use categories because I sync with a Mac that does not support categories. Pocket Informant does display undated tasks, but I am a little afraid to let Pocket Informant have full access to syncing with the main PIM -- I like to sync only one way from PIM to Pocket Informant (but this means I have to exit and use a different program to modify the tasks). Perhaps there is some simple method I am overlooking. Thanks.
    Last edited by lawlist; 01-31-10 at 11:18 AM.
    01-31-10 10:25 AM
    For those people with multiple undated tasks, an apparent easy solution appears to be the application "Smart To Do" for about $10.00 available here on CrackBerry. There were no written reviews so I took a gamble that paid off -- it was the only application that showed up with a Google search on this particular issue. Out of the box, the application categorizes and displays all undated tasks and utilizes the BlackBerry built-in task program (without any apparent side-effect issues of syncing between programs and potential accidental damage to the master PIM databases). After opening BlackBerry tasks, the options menu includes a selection entitled "Smart To Do", and that selection launches the organization program which automatically categorized all of my undated tasks into a "Someday" folder -- as it turned out, I had 58 of those little buggers. I am very happy and think this is going to be a primary application that I will use every day, since it has many other useful features for organization of tasks.
    01-31-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD