I've gone through the searches and it seems that people receive the error message, "uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception" when they try to go through their sms messages or call logs. I am NOT having that problem.

My problem occured when I was logged onto myspace account. It froze, then the error message appeared. I tried to delete it but can not. I highlight the icon and press the bb button but other than 'Move, Move To Folder, Hide, Show All (Checked) Show Keyboard and Switch Application' "delete" doesn't show up.

So I went under the Application Center folder and when I scroll onto the myspace icon, it says "research in motion limited, NOT INSTALLED" but the icon is still there!

How can I resolve this issue?
    05-13-09 05:51 PM
    To delete go to options>advanced options>applications.

For some reason, I think the updated version won't show up in the app center. Try doing what I mentioned earlier and then reinstall and see if that helps. Other than that I don't know what's wrong. (You could always try a battery pull lol)
    05-13-09 07:28 PM
    Try battery pull (w/device ON). If doesn't clear, facebook likely one of icons that can't be deleted tho not installed. No app memory used.

Highlight icon > menu > hide!
    05-13-09 07:42 PM
    I tried to re install the application but that has done nothing. As for battery pull with device I have also done this but to no avail. Simply did nothing any other suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 09:21 PM
    So you deleted the app and then reinstalled it, but that didn't fix it, right? Just so I'm following. Were you using the latest version? Idk exactly what the new one is, but maybe that would help. Im not positively sure about this problem.
    05-13-09 09:32 PM
    I've gone through the searches and it seems that people receive the error message, "uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception" when they try to go through their sms messages or call logs. I am NOT having that problem.

My problem occured when I was logged onto myspace account. It froze, then the error message appeared. I tried to delete it but can not. I highlight the icon and press the bb button but other than 'Move, Move To Folder, Hide, Show All (Checked) Show Keyboard and Switch Application' "delete" doesn't show up.

So I went under the Application Center folder and when I scroll onto the myspace icon, it says "research in motion limited, NOT INSTALLED" but the icon is still there!

How can I resolve this issue?
    to resolve the issue, permanently uninstall the myspace app. i know this isn't necessarily a solution to your myspace app problem, but i thought i would offer my 2 cents. uninstall the app permanently and use m.myspace.com site from you browser. i have done this with facebook, youtube, weatherbug, myspace, etc., and have been extremely happy. the m.myspace.com, m.facebook.com and m.youtube.com sites are one million times better than their respective apps. the web based mobile sites don't crash, don't take up memory, have more features, and you can just bookmark them in your bb browser. imo, life is much simpler without apps for sites that offer mobile web based version. bb apps can bee-low-me. i am much happier running lean and using the much more feature rich browser versions of sites like myspace.
    05-13-09 10:01 PM
    U kno I was havin the same problem but I just went to the home page of VZW press Connect then go to myspace

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD