Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BigBadWulf
  • 1 Post By Chrisy
  1. Stnicole's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.Error after installing 3rd party app

    So..
    I downloaded the BB Alarms Pro from BBSmart, and after the download was complete, I received the Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.Error message - so I went to my options to remove the program and repair the issue (I didn't customize permissions, and figured that must be part of the problem) but sadly, I can't open the options, as I receive that same error message every time I try to, and thus, I can't remove the program.

    Is there anything I can do before resulting to wiping the phone and starting over? I've reset the phone both normally and by removing the battery... and I'm not sure if there's a loop hole that will allow me to remove the BBSmart application or not.

    THANKS!!
  2. jeffh's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    15,137 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    If you get the java language error immediately after a battery pull reboot, you'll have to wipe your OS and reload it. If you can reboot without the error, you can try using the DM App Loader to remove the app.
  3. maddie1128's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    687 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    My battery on my storm died tonight (first time ever) and when I charged it a bit I keep getting the following:
    uncaught exception: java.lang.NillPointerException-then I click the ok box and another box comes up that says:
    uncaught exception: Index 7>=7--then I click ok in that box and get another box:
    uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    My Message folder disappeared the same time this happened and my weatherbug stopped working.
    I did several battery pulls and soft resets-nothing worked. I haven't added any apps. in days, maybe longer- and am still running .76 on my storm.
    Can anyone help me??Please!
  4. jeffh's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    15,137 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    If you get an uncaught exception error immediately following a battery pull, your OS has been corrupted. The only solution is to wipe it off your Storm and reload it. Hopefully you have a recent backup of your personal information, to restore after the wipe and OS reload.
  5. loveisallaliex's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    520 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    If you get an uncaught exception error immediately following a battery pull, your OS has been corrupted. The only solution is to wipe it off your Storm and reload it. Hopefully you have a recent backup of your personal information, to restore after the wipe and OS reload.
    this same exact error is happening to me. It happened yesterday and it got so bad that I could no longer check my SMS. It came up every time I tried.

    I downgraded my OS (I had upgraded to 5.0) and thought everything was well because my SMS works. Now it comes up after battery-pulls.

    So do I need to wipe it clean from the bb itself and restore it to factory?

    This stinks!!
    lulu x baby

    (tweet tweet)
  6. jeffh's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    15,137 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    If you are getting java language errors immediately following a battery pull, the only solution I know is to reload the OS.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    3dogsnme (01-18-2011) 
  7. sageuvagony's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    They already told you what you need to do, so no need to ask again. Post back with your results.
  8. t_d_harvey31's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I have come across this problem as well. I have wiped and reloaded the os, but when i try to to restore from my back-up i am getting the java error again. It did not happen before I did the restore, everything was working fine. Any solutions?
    PIN: 79db6c37

    .103 > .109 > .113 > .122 > gD's .122/.131/5.0 Hybrid > .132 Slimbrid by Dfogelstrom > 9530 .141/5.0.0.90[9000] Hybrid > BBCrackman v5.1 > OneOfaKindDPC 4.7.0.148 Hybrid V7 > 9530/9500 .151/5.0.0.100[9000] Hybrid beta6v8>.191>95X0 - 5.0 Hybrid > lyricidal's 95X0 - Beta7v1 > 5.0.0.230 > lyricidal's .536 Hybrid > iphone 4
  9. skyguyr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  

    Default Errors installing 3rd party apps

    Hi i recently downloaded cell spy monitoring software to track my teenage daughter. Her mother and i just seperated and i have no idea what shes up to and after i download the file to my phone and try to use it i receive an error stating uncaught exception: java .lang.no classDef found error. Please help im using a torch 9810
  10. delfteo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    746 Posts
    Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyguyr View Post
    Hi i recently downloaded cell spy monitoring software to track my teenage daughter. Her mother and i just seperated and i have no idea what shes up to and after i download the file to my phone and try to use it i receive an error stating uncaught exception: java .lang.no classDef found error. Please help im using a torch 9810
    Install blackberry protect on her bb.
    First its a good and free app it save all your data and second at a desktop pc you can see where see is till the street she walks.

    Enjoy DelftEo


    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. blackberrychtorm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  

    Default my blackberry

    is messing up really bad, everytime i go to turn it on it says "uncaught exception.java. {something else} after i try and click ok several times a white screen pops up and says reset with a few distorted lines beneath it. can you solve this problem?
  12. bbilliet's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I just have to say, that I happened across this post after doing a search on google. After reading a few posts, I was upset enough that I registered just to post this. It is really disappointing to see the moderator of a thread at such a respected website tell person after person that "There is no other option than to reload your OS". Java and uncaught exception errors commonly occur on these phones, and can quite easily be repaired with multiple free programs. Please stop giving people false information or let someone respond that actually knows enough about these phones to do so correctly. It scares me to think how many people have lost information that they really wanted to keep by wiping their OS, strictly because they were told to do so here.
  13. jeffh's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    15,137 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbilliet View Post
    I just have to say, that I happened across this post after doing a search on google. After reading a few posts, I was upset enough that I registered just to post this. It is really disappointing to see the moderator of a thread at such a respected website tell person after person that "There is no other option than to reload your OS". Java and uncaught exception errors commonly occur on these phones, and can quite easily be repaired with multiple free programs. Please stop giving people false information or let someone respond that actually knows enough about these phones to do so correctly. It scares me to think how many people have lost information that they really wanted to keep by wiping their OS, strictly because they were told to do so here.
    Your post would actually be helpful if you posted a link to one or more of those "multiple free programs." I'd like to see it, and I'm sure many others would as well.
  14. cherimoya's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    163 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    ''can quite easily be repaired with multiple free programs.'
    1. for example? please name the multiple free programs.
    2. caveat emptor: if crackberry mods and always-helpful power-users here all either don't know about these programs, or do know but choose to suggest wiping phone instead, definitely google the suggested apps first, (also look on the bb.com site) for discussions, find out all you can before using these apps.
    3. if it all seems good, maybe someone who is well-respected on this site (you know who you are) would be good enough to test these multiple programs out, and inform the ignorant masses -meaning me, how to best recover from a java error after battery pull using these apps.
  15. BigBadWulf's Avatar

    Posts
    35,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    35,976 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbilliet View Post
    I just have to say, that I happened across this post after doing a search on google. After reading a few posts, I was upset enough that I registered just to post this. It is really disappointing to see the moderator of a thread at such a respected website tell person after person that "There is no other option than to reload your OS". Java and uncaught exception errors commonly occur on these phones, and can quite easily be repaired with multiple free programs. Please stop giving people false information or let someone respond that actually knows enough about these phones to do so correctly. It scares me to think how many people have lost information that they really wanted to keep by wiping their OS, strictly because they were told to do so here.
    Biggest point I'd like to make is, this thread was started almost 3 years ago.

    Wiping was not the only recommendation. It was stipulated that would be necessary only if loader could not connect with the phone.

    Back when this started, there weren't any apps capable of accessing the files on the device, until said device was completely booted. Now thankfully, it sometimes can be done, though not often. You can, if you know exactly which app is causing the error, try using BBMCP, BBHtool or BBSAK to remove the specific cod from the phone. When it defaults to a white screen with the error code on boot, this is almost never successful. You can also attempt to get DM connected the instant it boots, and possibly make a backup. Again, not very often successful.

    Everyone should make frequent backups, to prevent loss of important info, in the case of any catastrophe. That's why the default on Desktop is once a week. I've seen Jeff repeatedly offer such sage advice.

    No one is capable of knowing every solution to any given problem. That doesn't mean any of them offered are false. It's a huge forum, and the more participation actually providing solutions, rather than just admonishing the ones provided, helps everyone. Both with learning as well as solving issues.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

    Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

    BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Cathyxx724 likes this.
  16. Chrisy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    14,909 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,551 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    What are the programs? I've been here a while and haven't heard of them. Would be useful to know! Thanks. Are they apps in App World or something I download onto my PC?
  17. BigBadWulf's Avatar

    Posts
    35,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    35,976 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisy520 View Post
    What are the programs? I've been here a while and haven't heard of them. Would be useful to know! Thanks. Are they apps in App World or something I download onto my PC?
    They're for the PC. Must be why you aren't aware of them Chrisy.

    They all have their merits, and faults. For simplicity, BBSAK is the way to go. For the most robust file controls BBMCP. For the most all around usefulness, the one I use every time I upgrade, BBHtool.


    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Biggest point I'd like to make is, this thread was started almost 3 years ago.

    Wiping was not the only recommendation. It was stipulated that would be necessary only if loader could not connect with the phone.

    Back when this started, there weren't any apps capable of accessing the files on the device, until said device was completely booted. Now thankfully, it sometimes can be done, though not often. You can, if you know exactly which app is causing the error, try using BBMCP, BBHtool or BBSAK to remove the specific cod from the phone. When it defaults to a white screen with the error code on boot, this is almost never successful. You can also attempt to get DM connected the instant it boots, and possibly make a backup. Again, not very often successful.

    Everyone should make frequent backups, to prevent loss of important info, in the case of any catastrophe. That's why the default on Desktop is once a week. I've seen Jeff repeatedly offer such sage advice.

    No one is capable of knowing every solution to any given problem. That doesn't mean any of them offered are false. It's a huge forum, and the more participation actually providing solutions, rather than just admonishing the ones provided, helps everyone. Both with learning as well as solving issues.
    BlackBerry Master Control Program (MCP)

    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/

    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    WAPers do it With A Passion

    Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

    BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
  18. Chrisy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    14,909 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,551 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Thanks! And ah hem, I have a PC now. A Dell laptop!
    BigBadWulf likes this.

Posting Permissions