I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 OS 5.0.0.328

I have tried to download the Facebook App easily 20 times now and it still does not work (no icon/will not run) and I continue to receive the following two errors every time I restart my Blackberry:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

I have un install/reinstalled/restarted/rebooted, etc.

Does ANYONE have an answer to this problem? I can't find this specific problem anywhere - similar - but not the same.
    Last edited by heatherperdigon; 02-03-10 at 01:13 PM. Reason: I had the wrong OS version listed-now corrected.
    02-03-10 12:38 PM
    Wait, what OS do you have? A 4.2 never existed for the Storm, you might have the platform and not the OS. Please go to options --> about and give the third line after the letter v. It might be able to have people help you better.

My advice for Facebook is to go to the website on the browser and then click on download facebook on your storm. Also, please note that people were posting in the Blackberry Discussion forum some problems with the Facebook app recently, so it might something with that.
    02-03-10 12:48 PM
    My advice for Facebook is to go to the website on the browser and then click on download facebook on your storm. Also, please note that people were posting in the Blackberry Discussion forum some problems with the Facebook app recently, so it might something with that.
    I have tried this as well with no luck - and I have read the forums but no one has the same problem it seems - but thanks for getting back to me. I did correct the version - thanks for the heads up.
    02-03-10 01:12 PM
    Wanted to update - I found a solution!

Also forgot to mention that my computer is an iMac - which does (evidently) made a difference. Using the Desktop Manager software:

1) Back up your data

2) Click Applications then click the Check for Updates

3) Click "Show other versions"

4) Select the option labeled "current version-reload" then click select

5) In the next screen expand the "reload options" area and make sure both "back up and restore device data" and "back up and restore third-part applications are NOT checked.

6) Click re-load

7) Restore previous back up

8) Re-install third-party applications manually

I followed these steps and the Java error messages stopped and FaceBook is working again.
    02-03-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD